Could be that the key is on the platform, I'll give it a go tonight with creating a "air bridge" from dirt, rock or wood ;) 

I have those keys in my inventory. Do you want to find it yourself, or should I tell you? :D

Edited by Miguel Preguisa
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

I have those keys in my inventory. Do you want to find it yourself, or should I tell you? :D

Well that would be to easy, guess I think it is a bigger challanged for me to get to the top without falling from my self made bridge  ;) 

48 minutes ago, Captain_Kush said:

Is that naturally generated? If it is, I've never seen anything like this! Can't wait to find this for myself!!

I have had 1 on almost all the last explore maps I had, there is mostly also a building on the ground wich has energy in it ;) 

here is the 1 i always find on the ground :) 

Ylands_170416_093053.png

And got a bridge to the tesla coils..... the higher you go the colder it gets, at night time you have to stay next to a small fire to keep warm or you will freeze to death. 

And the Tesla coils are active so wenn i got close i got shocked ;)  thrilling experience tho not falling down my "stairway to Tesla" :P 

Ylands_170416_102421.png

Edited by A3_Melle
  • Upvote 2

had these two buildings on most of my starting ylands too. didnt bother with the flying one tho. i tinkerd with the tower on the surface a bit.

a bundle of tnt i found didnt do anything to the tower, but i could break the glass at the top. 

the chest inside is locked, but i didnt dare to mess with it yet. i'm not sure if a chest drops its content if broken, or if a tech chest maybe needs power to open. no keys found until now.

also i'm curious what happens if the fans on the bottom of the flying cube are disabled somehow?

As far as I know, if you break any container in Ylands it drops what is inside. But it takes a lot of time to break into it. Key to that locked sphere exist, but it's hard to find it (I had luck). And to the last one, I don't think you can disable them in any way. :)

• Upvote 1

I guess I was just unlucky... and my starter yland is pretty small.

Also, sadly, I haven't left my first yland because I wanted to build a base a fully explore the cave system before heading out.

I also don't get as much time to play as I would like as I am currently working and looking after my elderly parents who need alot of attention. Not to mention trying to squeeze some quality  time with my kiddies in there too, luckily they love this game as much as I do so we try to gather together and take turns watching each other play. haha.

Sorry, Got a little off topic there! But knowing things like this are out there to find is very motivating! Time to set sail!

• Upvote 1

there is a small block hovering in the air below the flying cube (looks like a iron/steel strut thing). is that important in finding the key(s)?

To be honest, I don't know. xD But it could be...  I literally broke in one hidden container and found keys to the tower. :P

1 hour ago, Aethelis said:

there is a small block hovering in the air below the flying cube (looks like a iron/steel strut thing). is that important in finding the key(s)?

I've found a similar thing a few hundred meters away, looked like the roman letter I?

yes, i think we mean the same.

just found out, that the display blocks can be broken by a stone axe.. which didnt do me much, but on the big cube with the emotes its of much more use ;)

18 hours ago, Aethelis said:

Sorry about that, that's a bug.
It has no significance and will be removed in the next update.

Best of luck in your search! ;)

• Upvote 1

@miguel

did you find something in that globe-chest in the tower (the one from melles pic)? i couldnt find a key so i broke it but there was nothing dropped.

Look for it more! There should definitely be something... But I'm not 100% sure if some items are "broken" when you open the container by the force. I found some really good armor in it so it would be unlucky if it's broken. :( But my guess is that it just fell to the ground or even through something. 

thanks.

i did look on top of the tower, now i'm going to look inside it.

the item is either broken when i cracked the sphere open, or disappeared. what type of armor was in there?

One of the things I'm wearing on the picture, either the helmet or the boots (they're from the same collection). They look a little bit like some superhero armor.

38 minutes ago, Aristodikos said:

any one has any tip of how getting the keys of those spheres?

You should make yourself some Water Breathing Potions ;)