jcarter-27ec167ff47536f2

RESOLVED [YLD-8094] Dying indoors places inventory on roof

Question

I was hosting a game for a friend, I went to go out - knowing I would probably starve to death and come to pick up my items later.

I had my character lie down on a bed (upper floor up a ladder) in a small house we had found. When I starved to death, I could not find my inventory next to my tombstone indoors :( I thought this was a bug if dieing on a bed incase the world did not have my coordinates, just the item I was using (the bed). However I after realized all my inventory was on the roof! After building a ladder I was able to retrieve.

TLDR: When a character dies indoors, items are 'dropped from the sky' and will land on the roof X,Y,Z instead of the the characters Z position.

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hahaha your case is still better than mine. In my other save I was died on the surface, top of the cave system. Was panic that time all of my items is gone, but still continue the journey, until brave enough to go into the cave. Finally somehow I found my old stuff inside the cave. It feels like I got "Legendary Treasures" xD Still dunno how that happen, but 1 thing that I'm sure, the cave where my items lying down is really close to the surface but doesn't have hole to the surface.

Edited by Velocifer

We managed to fix this issue and will appear as fixed in one of the upcoming updates.

• Like 1