Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Backpacks, tool belts and packhorses

Question

Hi,

And toolbelt would be a nice addition. Sometimes, there is no room for anything when I have all tools and materials needed. I have to constantly drop something or pickup something. Additionally sometimes certain recipes are shown only if you have all needed tools and materials and you have to look for everything in yout chests.

BTW. General purpose backpacks should be a good thing. Just think about it:

- Small one (made of grass/leather/cloth and rope? Knife needed?) - 3-6 slots (called front packets or front pack?, breadbag?, so it will not interfere with your flying machine or drivin or swimming.

- Normal backpack (made of 2xrope, 2xcloth or 2xleather, 2xsticks/poles, knife/sewing kit needed) 9-12 slots (instead of flying machine, you cannot drive then nor swim).

- Giant Backpack or Cargo Pack (something funny looking, like Monty Python's Holy Grail servants' backpacks) (made of 2 planks, 5 nails, 3xcloth/leather, 4xrope, hammer and sewing kit needed... and flag or wind indicator for fun) - slows you down much, make you more hungry (?), makes you unable to swim, but you have additionall 9-12 general purpose slots. You could leave any backpack on the ground and use it as mobile chest...

Also, since we can tame horses and they are usually following us, why not to make saddles/pack to use horses as packhorses? Then 15 slots would be ok, horses are strong... ;)
- Pack horse equipement (4 planks, 10 nails, 4 cloth, 2 leather, 6 ropes, hammer,  knive and sewing kit needed).

However simple bags or baskets whick could be carried (even if only few slots - 6), would be nice for collecting mushrooms, frutti di mare, eggs, feathers, sticks, bark and woodpieces.... All in one, or mushroom basket, fruit and vegetable basket...

All The Best,
Bartosz

• Upvote 5

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

23 hours ago, Maxime Gaillard said:

I fully agree with the Monty Python's Cargo Pack - but beware of the killer rabbit of Caerbannog ! :D

Yeay! That would be funny to find from time to time very aggresive animal - rabbit, seagull or pinguin, but also - very non agressive wolfes (I'd love to be albe to tame them!), bears, pumas and so on... I do not wan to kill any aggressive animal around. Now they let us know, we can run away or try to scare them away - this is great! I would like to have pumas, bears, wolfes and so on on my island - not having to hunt them at all.

23 hours ago, bb cakes said:

Toolbelt please. One slot for all the tools.

Yes, toolbelt seems to be another needed thing. And a backpack... Mushroom basket would be nice too...

You essentially have a permanent backpack, being able to carry as many things as you can. A toolbelt would be a nice idea, hve it work just like the key ring, herb bag, etc.

Saddle bags for a horse would be awesome

• Upvote 1