Sign in to follow this  
Barsian

DEV ANSWER Some gameplay issues

Question

Hi folks, im playing Ylands for couple of hours and game looks great, but have some issues:

1. when i died, i cant respawn. i have to go to main menu and then respawn, but whole my world is wiped and im starting from zero.

2. i was digging about 3 hours, but didnt find single piece of iron ore

3. maybe its not in game, but i didnt figure out, how to create a chest for storage items

4. what is difference between fishing pole and fishing pole with lure?

5. why knife is broken after cca 10 uses and other tools are infinite?

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

to clarify where we currently stand with the respawn feature and what our plans are - as of this moment the survival mode is indeed rather  harsh because of the permadeath (currently that is not the case with ylands that contain more than one   active character (MP games) - if you die there you are able to start at the same yland with a new character while everything on the yland stays as it was ) . We are aware of that but for now we're leaving as it is because we are currently working (along with other cool stuff) on something that will give you ability to setup your game experience in a more detailed manner - including how is your character's death handled. This feature will be available in one of the upcoming updates.

Ales

1: If a bug like that happens you should probably have reported it then with the log file attached so they can resolve it. Without that information it is kinda hard for them to Fix however I reproduced this and have attached Log Below.
FYI: Log files reset each time you launch the game so make sure when your find a bug you grab screen-shots of it if needed, close the game and then go report it along with the log file before running the game again.

2: Ore's and such spawn on the surface like in the image below which you mine, I am unsure about if there are any veins deep under ground, the Dev can share some light on that,

http://puu.sh/mfUV3/c109140451.jpg

3. No Idea not got that far

4. Havn't done fishing myself but I'd assume the 'fishing pole with lure' is for fishing where as 'fishing pole' cant be used to fish? idk thats my gues.

5. At the moment tools used in crafting take durability damage but using a tool to dig or chop wood do not suffer from durability loss from that type of usage.

Attached Log for unable to Respawn & the World resetting when you click Respawn on the menu for that world.

output_log.txt

Edited by nohalfmeasures

1. A bug is that there is a respawn button in the menu. An intended behavour (at least for now) is that you should not be able to respawn after death.

2. As nohalfmeasures said: To dig sources like iron ore, stone, clay, you must find veins with specific colors. Now all veins should be partly visible on the surface.

3. Unfortunatelly no containers are available for now. Dropped items on a ground will vanished after a while. However you can "glue" items to a ground/objects in a placing mode. (just select an item in a hotbar and press "p" key(by default it is "p", it used to be "tab") - you will start placing the item. Be careful to place them at least slightly sticked into other items/terrain - otherwise it will be dropped and will vanish after a while again. (transparency of the item should guide you) This is just workaround. Containers will be added in the future.

4. I think that fishing rod with bait is something WiP or obsolete. You can fish with fishing rod too. (no bait will be consumed)

5. As nohalfmeasures said. A durability is still WiP. Items lose it only by crafting with them.

Ok so that means, that original i have only one life and if i die, can make only new game and start again? Because its a little hard gameplay in alpha stage of game, where is not so much ways to survive, specially when each animal kill you (for now i didnt escape to any wolf, bear, even goat killed me once).

Edited by Barsian

Hello

4. For now, the difference is that fishing pole with bait lets you complete the action (fish) quicker and you can catch more fish in a shorter time period :)

Hi all, just one fast question... where i can find ylandium in survival mode? On surface like other materials (iron, clay...)? Cause i check whole island and didnt find any

• Upvote 1

Hi Barsian!

For now it's not possible to obtain Ylandium in the Survive mode. I hope you didn't spend much time looking for it :P

Ok, thanks for info... and some other questions

1. If i spend all my iron on island, is there any way to obtain new or im done with it (same with clay, sand etc)

2. brick block need 1 clay to craft but there are crafted 2 blocks which are broken to 2 clays... what makes infinity clay farm (maybe the same with others block, didnt try for now)
3. for what are bones, bone meal, gravel, metal pieces?

4. i suppose that trees and plant need couple of game days to grow up... means this that how longer will be game day, so longer will be they growing or they have some constant time period?

Keep them coming! ^^

1. Right now there is no way to obtain more iron in the Survive mode
2. Thank you for mentioning this! It's a bug and we'll take care of it :)
3. There are some items that have no practical use for now (like the bones), we will be working on this continuously throughout the development. But you can use the gravel to create new terrain and the metal pieces can be smelted into new iron ingots (if you have enough of them)
4. The time period is not constant, they grow certain amount of days no matter how long the days are

Some new issues after last update:

1. in survive mode i lost all items on my character and most all of progress in world (planted trees, devices, buildings...)

2. after diging a iron ore (survive mode), loot is going to loop and can´t pick up it from ground or sometime i pick up iron ore but same amount remains on the ground and can´t be picked up, even if new iron ore is digged.

Do you mind attaching the log file and corrupt save file? There might still be hope for your character. 

We will take a look at the issue with the iron ore, it's certainly annoying. 

Do you mind attaching the log file and corrupt save file? There might still be hope for your character. 

We will take a look at the issue with the iron ore, it's certainly annoying. 

you mean this? i deleted this save, so i need it... but maybe it helps you to prevent same issue in next updates

output_log.txt

• Upvote 1