matheny.dylan

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-8122] Rag-Doll Ship Body

Question

Just built the body of the ship and went to construct the fore and aft hull pieces. When trying to place them they are in the grid but treated like solid objects, and as you move them to place them if they get anywhere near the ship it sinks one way or the other or flips over and moves sporadically.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

20171219200754_1.jpg

20171219200756_1.jpg

20171219200757_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

I am having very similar issues. @matheny.dylan I thought there was only one set of hulls (is all I have ava. to craft), No? It's frustrating as I have been using that tiny sail to try and look for other islands and that is just simply insane. Sure hope to get this figured out.

EDIT:

Also worth noting, I have tried to place the sail / mast and the helm and neither will allow me to (red box area) and has the same effect on the ship, trying to flip and or sink it.

Ylands-Standard-Ship.jpg

Edited by Stixz
Forgot some vital info.

19 hours ago, matheny.dylan said:

Maybe these are the hulls for the large ship?

I had  no difficulty  with a large  ship . perhaps the pieces are   technically outside the limits  of a small ship ..?    try a smaller  a sail ..?

I'm having this issue too. I built a large ship and went to place the hull and the thing keeps flipping. When I do get the hull in place and it's not flipped it tells me that its too far or there is no space. 

EDIT: This turns out to be a fix for several people so give it a shot (I have also tried just free placing too) READ BELOW vvv)

Hey everyone i just experienced this issue and a fix for it (for me atleast) was to just place any object (like a log) one that you can place on grid then pick it back up and you should be fine.

unsure what the cause is as i have only ever come across this about 5 mins ago. (was looking for ship creations and saw this image, followed the link and here i am posting ^.^)

one thing I found out about this is if you have the anchor down the ships height will keep changing (either float or sink) but if you raise the anchor it will regain is buoyancy and return to its correct height.

Edited by Froggy5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Froggy5 said:

Hey everyone i just experienced this issue and a fix for it (for me atleast) was to just place any object (like a log) one that you can place on grid then pick it back up and you should be fine.

unsure what the cause is as i have only ever come across this about 5 mins ago. (was looking for ship creations and saw this image, followed the link and here i am posting ^.^)

one thing I found out about this is if you have the anchor down the ships height will keep changing (either float or sink) but if you raise the anchor it will regain is buoyancy and return to its correct height.

Ive been having the same issues with the ships. I tried your suggestion of placing down a log on the deck, this worked for me too! So happy! Thanks for finding a work around for it!

4 hours ago, Froggy5 said:

I can also confirm that this fix works. Thanks and good find!

10 hours ago, Leo-470e49c76dd5b596 said:

Ive been having the same issues with the ships. I tried your suggestion of placing down a log on the deck, this worked for me too! So happy! Thanks for finding a work around for it!

9 hours ago, lunz said:

I can also confirm that this fix works. Thanks and good find!

Glad i could help ^.^

i reloaded the save and it worked for me just free placing items too.

i still have no idea what the cause is (i do know there is a bugg with building in Firstperson on ships not sure if this is related or not.) but at least its not corrupting saves or anything lol.