yumikaze

RESOLVED [YLD-8170] Lose Character and Item after logout

Question

hello can any dev help my problem? i lose all my item and i lose my current character after i logout.. when i try to login its required i must create new character and after i made a character i cant find any my item (i was logout in my home building) and in my new character i didnt get letter (usually get one after died)

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Upvote 5

65 replies to this bug / suggestion

Are you playing in Singleplayer? Or in one of our servers?

49 minutes ago, Ane said:

Are you playing in Singleplayer? Or in one of our servers?

my character keep falling before died with weird background

Hello, it happened to me the same thing, without having been dead, I had to recreate a character to resume my game. I lost all my equipment, propaller pack, weapons, progression craft. Today I decide to resume my game and I can not build anything in my base, it is extremely annoying.

Logs here => https://www.transfernow.net/1941x8n445ae

Thanks

20171221205908_1.jpg

Edited by Ranoul
edit to link logs

This happened to me again today. Two days in a row with two different saves, only playing single player. Each time this happened I would logout and then login later and would have to re-spawn just to play that save. I would re-spawn with zero items, on the spawn island, and "where my body" should have been there was nothing. No items, no tombstone, nothing. Also I was in my base protected from animals or any kind of outside danger when logging out. This is very frustrating and this didn't start happening up until the past update. I hope this is addressed soon. I love this game and would like to build my first engine soon, but this bug keeps stopping me.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Thanks 1

Reported the same: 

Replicated it again with a new save file:

File Version 5.6.3.55206

Product Version: 5.6.3.11786150

It seems that the bug happened after I crafted full Guardian Armor, wore my propeller pack, and started playing around with power streams. If that helps. I have another save without as much progress and it works fine.

I made a ticket for both
[BI-RT #160567]
[BI-RT #160455]

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

• Thanks 1

upvoted because this has been happening to me oo. nothing to do with alchemy table i just log off and when i log back in my character is gone...

Me too, having this issue in at least one of my saves. Usually after decent progression, you log off and when you come back to play your last game it forces you to create a new character with no items and no progression in crafting and you spawn to your first yland. I've had this happen at least 2 times yesterday and it started after the latest update before that no problem. This bug kind of killed my motivation to play atm as I created my base to second yland and need to start over and over again from starting yland. Game had good seed so far, really liking the map and found almost 1200 both suplhur and saltpeter from first 3 ylands.

Alright, we'll look into it, hopefully I'll know something soon. Thanks for the files!

Hi sorry I just started a new thread for this issue, but it seems to be similar to the issue posted here, so I have copied it here as well.

I just logged in (26/12/17 @ 13:00) and game asked me to start a new player, I assumed it was because I had died when I logged off the day before (which I had not btw). Any way, that was not the case, as when I logged in, my inventory was empty (no letter and no MAP!) also my crafting upgrades where all gone and were back to the new game default ones?? I checked my SaveGames folder and I only have one save in there and the time was when I logged off the day before (25/12/17 @ 10:44). I forced closed the game, so as not to overwrite the save game and loaded up the game again, I did not get the 'start new game' dialogue, so was hopeful it would be ok (also the save image prior to logging back in, was correct, as I had left it), but it was not ok, everything was as if I was starting a new game. Strange thing about all this is, it is my same Yland, so I ran to where my base was and everything was still as I had built it, my house, my ship, my crops, my equipment, my containers, everything? But it is like none of it belongs to me as my crafting inventory and my main inventory are all as a default new game?? Is there any way I can get access to my old save games? There is nothing in my folder apart from the one save game and I cannot use that, any help, would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I have put many, many hours into this game and I would be devastated if I have lost ALL my progress :(

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

I have a feeling the log files above may not be from my original save, so I do hope they are still useful? 

My load game image ->  5a426251ad40d_2017-12-2613_48_08-Ylands.jpg.cea64f7934ac5f8c44ddbc2f370032f1.jpg

But when I log in -> 5a42626696ed6_2017-12-2613_50_07-Ylands.thumb.jpg.00dd7af32c1da741bfd138fed6bc778f.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

2017-12-26 13_48_08-Ylands.jpg

Edited by Stubee

Same thing happened to me, I logged in to have to make a new character and lost my body, with all items including the scuba gear that I can not craft myself. I can not find my body on my island anyplace either.

My map was also missing from my inventory.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by renderin
  • Thanks 1

All of you having this issue, can you please attach your save games? (under Steam\userdata\<your_steam_id>\298610\remote\SaveGames)

And do you guys remember if you logged out while being inside the protective barrier?

Hi,

Please see my save game below. This is from right after I logged in, for the first time after getting the start new character option

I hope you can sort this out, thanks :)

STUTOPIA(1).zip

EDIT: I did not log out inside the protective barrier as I had not even placed it yet.

Edited by Stubee
  • Thanks 1

had same issue. logged off, when trying to continue later, i needed to create a new char. This new char spawned on my first island. My house was still there and I was able to access everything. After i made a new ship and went back to where i was last, no tombstone or inventory. everything lost. There shouln't have been even any reason to create a new char, as I was safe on the roof of my house.

I don't understand why in single player the server need to safe the game, as this seems to be buggy and I do not see any reason for why it must be server sides. We should be able to maintain our own backups, so we have what we saved!

Edited by jeffnepp

11 minutes ago, Tango-b1e1359c36fb4273 said:

Sorry, where to find the save games?

Under Steam\userdata\<your_steam_id>\298610\remote\SaveGames.

here is my saved game files. For ShinyCove I did log out while in the protective barrier when I lost everything. I had saved many times while under the barrier before I lost all items that i was carrying. For the explorer save, I didn't have the protective barrier up or even crafted. I logged out while standing on a pre generated "base" (the one with bricks, cannons, cannon balls, and gunpower/guns). I hope these saves help fix this issue. I really want to play, but it is very depressing to lose all your items after logging out.

SHINY_COVE.zip

EXPLORE.zip

• Thanks 1

Hello Ylands Team, 

I hope this post find's you well on your holiday. I am experiencing the same issue. I have a protective barrier in my base (that was turned off). I logged off for the night like i normally do. Then next time i logged back on it asked me to create another character. I was inside my house so there is no way i could have died. Im not upset about losing my backpack but relearning all those recipes....that's unfortunate. I would rather not log on again until there is a possible fix if it is not too late. 

EXPLORE.zip

Edited by cool714
  • Thanks 1

Happening to me too.  After the first time, I created a new character on purpose because I wasn't happy with the seed and it happened to the new character too.

Save game file attached.

ylandssavegame122717.zip

P.S.  Because this is the second time that this has happened to me I've started making copies of the save file so I have something to go back to.  I have a shortcut on my desktop that points to my save folder and a separate save game copies folder.  When I copy the save file to this folder I change the file name by adding an arbitrary letter to the end.  This way I have a running set of files I can go back to.

Edited by Butch1969
Need to add information
  • Thanks 1

Hello Ane.

Happy Holidays!

I have two save files where it happened. Both times I had saved in my base without ever putting down the protective barrier.

I have two more save files wherein the character is still intact. The difference is that in these two save files that lost the character, I was wearing full Guardian Armor, the Propeller Pack, and an electrified base. Lotsa lights and such. The first intact one I do have the prop pack but no Guardian armor a wind turbine down but no streams yet. The latest file is a new save file, only just setting up with iron and stuff. I just tested the two intact ones and they still work.

Attached are the two save files where I lost the character. Neo Islands, I made a new character to look for the old one and was the first time I encountered the error. Verdant Isles I never did make a new character. I put the output log clean as well as I noticed I forgot to attach it to my first reports/tickets [BI-RT #160567] [BI-RT #160455].

Regards

NEO_ISLANDS.zip

output_log_clean.txt

VERDANT_ISLES.zip

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot for the files, guys! The team will look at it asap.

• Thanks 2