Ladyhawke76

DEV ANSWER Multiplayer - Client Logout doesn't work

Question

Dear Developers, dear Community,

my boyfriend and me played this game for a while now and we find it really amazing. Great work, thanks a lot!

However, we came across a little annoying error in Multiplayer over LAN: Whenever my Avatar (Client, Windows 10) is logging out from the Server (Windows 7), it's still ingame. The Avatar also appears when the server is starting up next time. We even tried out the "/kick" option, which kicks it, but it's nevertheless still ingame and dies from hunger or cold or animal attacks.

We would be pleased if there would be a proper workaround or even a solution.

Thanks for your time!

Lady

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi Lady,

We're happy to hear you like Ylands! :)

Actually what you're experiencing is, in fact, intentional. It is an aspect of sort of a more "realistic" survival gameplay that some games offer - once your character gets on the yland, it stays there and as long as the world is active it is "simulated", it lives in the world - the idea behind this is that you need to leave your character where it can't be hurt by animals, die of hypothermia etc.

Altough some players prefer this gameplay, we are perfectly aware that there are others who may find it annoying. We are already looking into this - very soon the one who created the game will be able to set if they want the characters to stay in the world after their players have gone offline or not. 

If there are any more questions to ask or feedback to provide, we'd love to hear it.

• Upvote 1

Hello Aleš,

many thanks for your quick response! So, it's a feature, not a bug... well, we are very happy to deal with it, then :) 

Thanks also again for sharing with us this jewel of a game - can't remember having this much fun exploring since Minecraft and Stranded I & II (2008, Unreal Software). I love Castaway-Simulations since these long gone days...

We really thought it would "only" keep us busy for a few days,but it's incredible how much content and deepness it has already!

We wish you fair weather and favorable winds!

Lady

Edited by Ladyhawke76
  • Upvote 2