RedEagle_P1.

Dedicated Servers for Ylands -- An Update

Ylands Dedicated Server Update: 

Ylands Dedicated servers are MUCH better than they used to be. Here is what you need to know! 

Pros: 

- You can host them without running the game

- They are much more stable than before

Cons: 

- No linux support yet

- Still confusing to setup

- Active servers must wipe to reset progress 

- Requires 12 GB ram

Need help setting up? We love to help people: https://discord.gg/NPzzRF9

Ylands is a small community right now but the 0.7 update is coming soon with more than 100 bug fixes so stay tuned for that! 

For full disclosure, my clan is now sponsored by Nitrado

After buying a motherboard to host locally, I went with Nitrado for $8 a month and found it a much better solution for me. 

H6RtqFO.png

How do I get the server tech? 

Ask here:

Data updated: Feb 13th, 2018

Edited by RedEagle_MGN

My YLands team is interested in testing the dedicated server.  Can you please provide me with the beta. 

Thank you

Mytholibar

5 hours ago, TheUrbanSquatch said:

The new dedicated server software works great on my i3-7100U (dual core 2.4GHz)  Intel NUC with 32GB of memory.

Nice, odd combo of specs :P

I am also interested in trying the dedicated server. I host multiple game servers for a small gaming community.

Could I get an invite?

Edited by DJ Khalex

Hello, I was wondering if it was still possible to get into the dedicated server beta? Ive hosted many servers in my time and I would absolutely love to be invovled in this process seeing as I've long awaited this amazing game. If it's still possible please let me know, thank you very much :) Kemati

A group of friends and I are playing this game a lot but often requires the host to be around to play, we’d love to try a dedicated server so if I could get on the beta please send me the link or key

kind regards Mosez

our team would like to be included, is this the correct place to ask?

thank you in advance,

-Ero Ronin

I have an AMD 9590, 32gb RAM 256gb SSD running Server 2012 r2 that me and my buddies would like to test Ylands dedicated on.  Can I please get the files to set one up?

Thanks!

I'd to defer on some things.

• 12GB is not required.. most of the time most people will be fine with 8GB, however if you are popular group with lots of traffic you will probably need more than that.
  • Must you always pitch the nitrado/youtube thing? i kinda feel like you are selling out most of the time... Sure you're popular.. but you act like you're a dev sometimes..

Sorry to call you out, but this rather concerning..

He's creating a community and a network. He can pitch what he pleases. Come into my discord and my modpacks and you will see me pitching information about my partners. 

I'm glad he has pitched his YouTube. I've learned a lot from his editor videos and have had immense support via his discord. 

But on topic. I'm dieing for Linux support as well as a server monitor that is less temperamental than a 4 year old. 

21 hours ago, Energritz_ said:

I'd to defer on some things.

• 12GB is not required.. most of the time most people will be fine with 8GB, however if you are popular group with lots of traffic you will probably need more than that.
  • Must you always pitch the nitrado/youtube thing? i kinda feel like you are selling out most of the time... Sure you're popular.. but you act like you're a dev sometimes..

Sorry to call you out, but this rather concerning..

In practice a server with 8 GB will not last very long at all. I have tried myself and it lasted no more than a day and was totally laggy. You can put up a server with 8GB but it's really hard having any sort of fun, playable experience for more than a day or two with friends on it. 

I made this content before I signed with Nitrado but when I signed with them, I agreed to be up-front with disclosure. I thought I should mention it when talking about servers here since I updated the post. I am not sure I see what's wrong with that. 

That said I can also see where you are coming from when it comes to all posts combined. It's a hard concept for me to grasp as I am familiar with a different culture but I am working on it. I want to make sure that when I say something it's the best for everyone all of the time and that no one benefits at the expense of others. Using shared hosting has been great for me and worked much better than my own PC, especially because the amount of ram I was able to use on my Nitrado server pushes well-past 16GB. 

Edited by RedEagle_MGN

11 hours ago, Y0ungSandwich said:

He's creating a community and a network. He can pitch what he pleases. Come into my discord and my modpacks and you will see me pitching information about my partners.

I'm glad he has pitched his YouTube. I've learned a lot from his editor videos and have had immense support via his discord. 

But on topic. I'm dieing for Linux support as well as a server monitor that is less temperamental than a 4 year old. 

I never said he couldn't did i? I'm just concerned with the sellout emphasis of things. Pitching /Selling out in your own Discord/Private Grp etc is fine, knock yourself out, it's yours

When it's public for a small community group like Ylands, one can't help to think, what about the other guys? sure it's there fault for not getting out there, but there is also too much.

Anyway i don't want to drag this out anymore, just concerned for the little guys, that's all, since P1 seems like a huge community already.

13 hours ago, Energritz_ said:

I never said he couldn't did i? I'm just concerned with the sellout emphasis of things. Pitching /Selling out in your own Discord/Private Grp etc is fine, knock yourself out, it's yours

When it's public for a small community group like Ylands, one can't help to think, what about the other guys? sure it's there fault for not getting out there, but there is also too much.

Anyway i don't want to drag this out anymore, just concerned for the little guys, that's all, since P1 seems like a huge community already.

No you did not and I didn't mean to come off saying that you did. But I suppose until the community leaders have an issue with it he is free to advertise. Just as you and the little guys could be doing as well. Some people are 100% turned off by a large community. Plenty of room for little communities to grow. I don't see it as a bad thing really. Things like this can help a games population. But I've been running a mediumish gaming community for over 5 years now so I might see it differently I guess. Always had competition lol. But looking at it like competition is the wrong way. Just play with your group and have fun! I hope we do see more diverse communities across this awesome game though!