eJ1mmy

KNOWN ISSUE I can't Place anything an large ships without it going underwater

Question

So I can't place a fore/ aft one my large ship. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it?

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

I am having this problem too.  I built one ship already but it bugged out and wouldn't turn.  So I built a little boat and went to s small island and now I am rebuilding a big ship again.  But now it won't let me place sails on the new ship without it sinking.  It's very disheartening.

Ane yes that is it. The ship freaking out when I try to place stuff on it

Edited by eJ1mmy
Left out info

place a log, regular log, then pick it back up. it's a temporary fix. You have to use a log, beams or other items wont work. place a log, pick it up, keep building

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 5:32 PM, blfonsworth said:

place a log, regular log, then pick it back up. it's a temporary fix. You have to use a log, beams or other items wont work. place a log, pick it up, keep building

That worked like a charm! Thanks!!

Another trick is to drag the icon of the item you wish to create from the crafting menu into a hotbar slot, then select it using the associated hotkey, then press V key. This will allow you to place most problematic large craftables where ever you like, I have found.

yet another go-around.  Place anything with free placing being toggled by "V" then toggle back.  

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, blfonsworth said:

Thanks mate, helped out as I was starting to get annoyed at every game I couldn't put down the sails/masts :)