Sethix

RESOLVED [YLD-8149] Starving while logged off?

Question

I am playing explorer in EU16 multiplayer and i can log off just fine. I then return to the game a few hours later or the next morning and i am greeted with "oh snap! you died from lack of food". This happens every time for the last couple days so please help as this is very frustrating having to find my equipment and losing all the progress i have made on my map (yes all that information vanishes as well).

I looked but was unable to find a thread concerning this.

Great game btw :)

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

One thing that would fix this, i think is make sure when you log off that you are in your protective barrier field so nothing afect your character while you are log off.

1 hour ago, Gabgab145 said:

One thing that would fix this, i think is make sure when you log off that you are in your protective barrier field so nothing afect your character while you are log off.

I Will give this a try and let you know, cheers :)

Sethix - does your map information save itself when you regularly log off?

Seems the map resets itself each time we log off, regardless of death - is this not bugged for you?

52 minutes ago, Kittemz1 said:

Sethix - does your map information save itself when you regularly log off?

Seems the map resets itself each time we log off, regardless of death - is this not bugged for you?

Kittemz1 - yes my map resets even after a quick test of logging off for just 10mins :(     seems bugged 

8 hours ago, Gabgab145 said:

After logging off for just 3hrs inside protective barrier field this time i did survive JUST... i had to use all 5 of my remaining food rations as the food symbol was flashing away like crazy in the corner as soon as i logged on but at least i lived!? - Lesson learned so stock up on food before logging off.

As for the map...?  Sadly it reset yet again and all the travelling i have done has vanished again :(

Over to you devs - keep up the bug hunting, correcting and your good work on this amazing game! :)

• Thanks 1

Just to add to this, I also log off inside my active protective barrier and come back either hungry or starving.

...and I agree with Sethix, amazing game.

Edited by lemansgranprix

The starvation also seems to be negated if you log off while laying on a sleeping pad. I haven't confirmed it with other type of beds.

• Upvote 1

We managed to fix this issue and will appear as fixed in one the 0.6.3 update.