Neamow13

How to get more Ylandium dust?

Hi guys,

I'm ready to start getting into energy related stuff but I am really low on Ylandium - I only have 25 dust!

I explored all the 7 Ylands on my map, 2 didn't even have caves worth a damn, and those that have decent caves only had like 2-3 corrupted animals. Only one cave was deep enough to have Ylandium crystals, but I found only 2 (and ground those into the dust).

However I ran out of Ylands, ran out of caves, and it seems I ran out of corrupted animals? Do they not respawn? Is there any way to get more Ylandium dust? I can't even make the Charging Station!

19 minutes ago, Neamow13 said:

it seems I ran out of corrupted animals? Do they not respawn? Is there any way to get more Ylandium dust? I can't even make the Charging Station!

it was my concern too, in my old save I'm too greedy killing all the corrupted animals and give no chance for them to multiply :D ( I think animal need some of their kind to respawn more, might be wrong). Now I'm trying to give a chance in my new save game. For now, I think the only way to fix this issue fast is using the Editor.

4 hours ago, Neamow13 said:

Hi guys,

I'm ready to start getting into energy related stuff but I am really low on Ylandium - I only have 25 dust!

I explored all the 7 Ylands on my map, 2 didn't even have caves worth a damn, and those that have decent caves only had like 2-3 corrupted animals. Only one cave was deep enough to have Ylandium crystals, but I found only 2 (and ground those into the dust).

However I ran out of Ylands, ran out of caves, and it seems I ran out of corrupted animals? Do they not respawn? Is there any way to get more Ylandium dust? I can't even make the Charging Station!

Islands come in patches of 8, 10, and 12. Meaning you should still have an island around you somehwere you haven't been to yet, Maybe even 3 or 5 more.

Edited by Dustin Michael

Well I spent some time and thanks to the last update's system where it tells you there are no further islands in a certain direction I was able to find two more.

One had just a dinky little cave with no corrupted animals in, but the second one has a decent cave with three corrupted hyenas.

I've waited for about an hour, but no more spawned - how long do you think it takes to spawn more?

This has been my problem too. Last update messed with spawn rates and now mutated animals no longer redrawn. I hope the development team has seen this post and mine. This kinda breaks the game. 

1 hour ago, Jacob Ellinger said:

This has been my problem too. Last update messed with spawn rates and now mutated animals no longer redrawn. I hope the development team has seen this post and mine. This kinda breaks the game. 

That it does.. I have only found 20 dust so far and I really can't progress in ylandium dust anything. I've been to every island, every cave and 20 is all I have found

Well I gave it a few more hours but no new corrupted animals spawned, and I found no new Ylands.

I had to end up spawning in 5 pieces of Ylandium dust in the Editor, so I could at least build the Charging Station.

I really think something must be rebalanced - to be able to find only a total of 25 dust on the entire map is ridiculous considering the number of things that can be crafted with it.

I was able to find a huge cavern in ione of my caves finally. I just dug done lol.. I was able to gather over 100 ylandium from that massive cavern.  mixture of bears, alphas, and wolves.  I would have died in a heartbeat if I didn't have my flying potion. I just flew right above them and used a spear.  Tons of Ylandium crystals too. Plus there is a way to see through walls to find out where extensions to caves are at but I was trying to not do that. I was ready to put the game down for awhile cause I've done everything else pretty much. 

7 hours ago, Neamow13 said:

Well I gave it a few more hours but no new corrupted animals spawned, and I found no new Ylands.

I had to end up spawning in 5 pieces of Ylandium dust in the Editor, so I could at least build the Charging Station.

I really think something must be rebalanced - to be able to find only a total of 25 dust on the entire map is ridiculous considering the number of things that can be crafted with it.

I tried doing that but they didn't show up in my explore after I saved it in editor.. maybe I have to play with it again.

You will also find Ylandium Crystals, I've found about 5 so far but they are pretty deep down.  As I recall you get 5 dust per crystal.

I ended up going into editor and make it so it goes below ground just to get an idea how big a tunnel system was on my starting island.. I thought I went through it all to find out I barely got through half of them. I saw a lot of crystals and animals I missed. It just told me I need to go through all my tunnels again cause I bet a lot of them I missed a lot of stuff. 

The secret is getting the green ylandium crystals and turning them into dust . I have charging station and 3 power cells and power pack in chest and still have almost 100 dust and a few crystals left .

Spawning rates are very odd. I found a rather large cave in an Arid Yland. It was really long and branched only thrice. Only found four animals. Lots of quartz. One node each of gold and sulphur. 

My home Yland had only 2 "visible" caves. Only some quartz in them. Until I found cave plants on a mountain peak and took out my spade. There was no real tunnel except for the one I made. I followed the "roots" digging back and forth until I fell into a rather large open area. I killed 28 different monsters, with more I haven't got to and got 32 dust from them. I also lost some of the loot to falling through or something. I tried digging the area they died dropped but I could not find them all (found some in the ground). Also found 2 crystals and a small node of gold. There are around 3 tunnels I haven't totally explored but one looks like it leads to another large open area. Ran out of ammo and inventory space so I had to bail.