KingWingit

Is the Protective Barrier Generator useless in Single Player? Nope!

So, I had this idea for a way to make the barrier generator super useful in a single player game despite it's relatively small size. I decided to use it as a creative canvas to test ideas!

• Thanks 2

That's freakin sweet! Also for more room stone chests have 18 slots where the bamboo only has 15 slots. I subbed as well :)

Edited by Dustin Michael

You do not need to run and mark the corners. Just placing down and not activating it will not activate the count down timer on it. I placed my generator and went exploring and can still move it, but anything ells I placed will only be moveable once the generator has been activated.

@KingWingit I loved that video... what a crapton of work.  So my thing is why not just build your base right there?  I understand your point but I found (in my singleplayer world) that I just plopped it in  central spot in my already existing base and then I fixed all my previous mistakes.  Now when I add on I have the option of "editing" my work.  Also... I'm not set up to record video but another nice "idea" for a test would be

1) can you edit existing buildings that are random gen placed? Like if you found a random tiny shack and set up shop there... can you place the barrier encompassing the shack and demolish it?

2) If you build near the water and you have your ship within the barrier... can that now be edited also?

Those are things to test  :P

Other than that... Awesome video man... I subbed as well!

8 hours ago, Lupowop said:

@KingWingit I loved that video... what a crapton of work.  So my thing is why not just build your base right there?  I understand your point but I found (in my singleplayer world) that I just plopped it in  central spot in my already existing base and then I fixed all my previous mistakes.  Now when I add on I have the option of "editing" my work.  Also... I'm not set up to record video but another nice "idea" for a test would be

1) can you edit existing buildings that are random gen placed? Like if you found a random tiny shack and set up shop there... can you place the barrier encompassing the shack and demolish it?

2) If you build near the water and you have your ship within the barrier... can that now be edited also?

Those are things to test  :P

Other than that... Awesome video man... I subbed as well!

Those are good questions - perhaps I'll make a video covering the fringe cases for the barrier generator. 

As to why I don't build right there, well, I have a grand vision of a base that consists of about 6 to 8 buildings filling up that whole valley and then some :)

Thanks for the sub! I hope you like what you find.

18 hours ago, KingWingit said:

Those are good questions - perhaps I'll make a video covering the fringe cases for the barrier generator. 

As to why I don't build right there, well, I have a grand vision of a base that consists of about 6 to 8 buildings filling up that whole valley and then some :)

Thanks for the sub! I hope you like what you find.

Looking forward to seeing the build!!