Duncan Brown

RESOLVED [YLD-8181] BSOD since last update

Question

Hey guys - since the latest update - after between 20 seconds and a minute of playing - my computer hard crashes, either with a BSOD (sorry, didn't get the error message) or locks up necessitating a reboot.  I tried uninstalling, deleting saves (just in case) and reinstalling, to no avail.

Attached is DXDIAG log and OUTPUT_LOG.

Hope you  can help as I've really been enjoying the game and am about 20 hours or so into one of my games. 

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

The team is on holidays now, but they should be able to take a look at it when they're back.

While I'm not discounting that the game is at fault, one thing you may want to do is to look into the report from the BSOD.

https://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/12/how-to-find-out-the-cause-of-your-bsod/ This will show you how to find the report. It will also help if you look around the time of the last crash. Or an easier method, though most wouldn't recommend it, is to recreate the crash, if you can. It'll give you less to dig through and a better chance to more easily find it. 

Thanks everyone for looking into this. It can be marked resolved or user error :) The BSOD was being caused by overheating in the computer case. I tore it all down today and cleaned out the dust from the vents and fans, and have successfully run the game. Thanks again.

• Like 1