Sign in to follow this  
Tango-b1e1359c36fb4273

RESOLVED All Character Progress Items Lost

Question

I had finished playing earlier and I saved and exited, waited for steam to sync and shut down the pc. I logged in and I chose my save and it asked me to make a new avatar. I thought I had died for some dumb reason. A bug or something, I'd just report. I recognized the area I spawned in, so I made my way to my base noticing that all the stuff I had placed on my home island were fine, foreign trees I planted, old tools I had left in containers in some barrels that spawned. The lack of predators in the route I followed, etc. I reached my base and lo and behold it was intact with the storage containers containing what I expected and the furnace and kiln finished the stuff I placed in before I saved. The building projects I had started before I saved were all there. I looked for my corpse/stone the last place I saved from (see screenshot of the save) and it was not there. (My propeller pack, guardian armor, guns and stuff were all gone :( ) I also noticed ALL my crafting progress was gone. I looked around the last few places I was building making stuff and I could not find my corpse. My map update was gone (I had no map or testament in my inventory), it was like I entered it as a new player in MP.

I made a ticket in your site as well but I put it here in case others may have had the same issue. I had just ventured into energy a day or so ago (RL time) and the prop pack a bit before that. I had streams all over the base. I was redoing my ship and building a lighthouse when this happened.

20171224130222_1.jpg

20171224130335_1.jpg

20171224130346_1.jpg

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Did you in settings used Link Account? I had same issue when i linked account, because it give you new nickname. I had nickname GeneralZero-a6c2g46.... and after i used link account i have now GeneralZero nickname. Also, you can find and kill your character and get back items. Try open savegame in editor and turn off all (numpad1-9) and find your body or add your lost items.

Ylands_171224_083402.png

Edited by GeneralZero
added photo

Hello again team, I made another exploration game while I was waiting for this. And it happened again. Curiously, it happened right after I started crafting Ylandium related items. 

When it came out, I just cancelled.

I opened it in the editor and looked for my character. It was nowhere to be found. I attached the new output log file. Also, is there a way to get the the save file to send to the dev team? 

output_log.txt

Hi,

The exact same thing happened to me today, see my post below, which I already posted in a separate thread.

I just logged in (26/12/17 @ 13:00) and game asked me to start a new player, I assumed it was because I had died when I logged off the day before (which I had not btw). Any way, that was not the case, as when I logged in, my inventory was empty (no letter and no MAP!) also my crafting upgrades where all gone and were back to the new game default ones?? I checked my SaveGames folder and I only have one save in there and the time was when I logged off the day before (25/12/17 @ 10:44). I forced closed the game, so as not to overwrite the save game and loaded up the game again, I did not get the 'start new game' dialogue, so was hopeful it would be ok (also the save image prior to logging back in, was correct, as I had left it), but it was not ok, everything was as if I was starting a new game. Strange thing about all this is, it is my same Yland, so I ran to where my base was and everything was still as I had built it, my house, my ship, my crops, my equipment, my containers, everything? But it is like none of it belongs to me as my crafting inventory and my main inventory are all as a default new game?? Is there any way I can get access to my old save games? There is nothing in my folder apart from the one save game and I cannot use that, any help, would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I have put many, many hours into this game and I would be devastated if I have lost ALL my progress :(

in addition to the above I have since found another error......After loading the 'bugged' save game, I thought I would just wait to die and see if that has any effect on my lost progress (you try stupid things when desperate), so I waited until I starved to death and got the 'Oops your dead'  'Return to Main Menu' or 'New Character'  option screen. I chose 'New Character' as normal, but then the screen goes dark and just locks up. My only option is to hit Esc. and return to main menu. If I then try to load up the save game again, I am already dead and my only option is to go through the exact same loop again, so therefore, each time I hit 'New Character'  it locks up and I have to go back to main menu, so basically, that save file is now useless!

I made a backup first and have since replicated the same error above multiple times.