Sign in to follow this  
Knobaroo

My time in a new land

Greetings all.

So have been learning the ropes for about 20 hours now. 

I am now on my third character, if I die, I start over.

I am having a blast. Crafting is fun, not intuitive, but fun. All kinds of fun surprises to be found in the world.

Ships are my main source of frustration. Placing objects has flipped my boat, shot me in the air so high I died on impact, and is just in general hard to place objects.

So, I have all my crafting up and running, built my first ship brimming with enough supply's for a new world exploration when I decide to see if I can dig my own moat, and build my own lighthouse.

Turns out I can, but.......

The ocean level dropped 2 squares effectively beaching my ship.

Deep breath, build a new ship... Grrr!

New ship, up and running, first voyage off the island. I made a wheelhouse, with a bunkhouse above. Climb up the rope ladder and transport to my old ship! The one beached! The ladder seems to have put at the top of the other rope ladders top.

My new boat is on a S.W. heading in the middle of the ocean! @#$#$. Quick build a raft and row after it. I did find it, and it made a fun story. 

Keep up the good work, and thanks for a great sandbox to play in.

I would have been sooooo pissed haha.. you can go into first person and kinda push your boat. I usually just dig them out with a spade

It was sill in water so could not dig. I was miffed.  Ran 2 laps around the island to get enough flax for the sails.

But it is early access, so I expect some frustration.

5 minutes ago, Dustin Michael said:

I would have been sooooo pissed haha.. you can go into first person and kinda push your boat. I usually just dig them out with a spade

22 hours ago, Knobaroo said:

The ocean level dropped 2 squares effectively beaching my ship. 

This happened to me when I was digging my ship out once. Didn't make sense to me how the ocean level can drop like that. I understand a lake or a pond water level dropping. Don't know if this is intentional, but I feel like the ocean level should always remain constant. But of course it's early access. Things can always change! :P

I too dug my ship out with a spade like @Dustin Michael, barely got it out! Hope you have better luck in your future adventures :P but this does make a good story haha. 

i don't like to cheat so what i do is gather resources for a ship write down what i have then i exit the game and build the ship in the editor, the editor building is so much easier, i kinda think it might be the camera view in game that is the issue, tall structures are very hard also, so you kinda need to build a temp ladder system on the side while building to get a better view of what you are doing (then delete the ladder system in the editor). 

Edited by Designated Drinker