Jacob Ellinger

Edit: SOLVED Any good videos explaining how to use the editor?

I want to make a perfectly round tower using stone bricks. I don't know if the editor is best for this. I tried doing it in creative mode but could not make a perfect circle. I messed with the editor a bit and found out how to rotate but it seems even harder to get blocks to place freely. I know that there is a lock to grid box and I unticked it but the blocks still try to lock to a grid of some kind. there is probably a very easy way to do this with the editor but I can't figure it out. Any tutorials for this you can recommend would be very appreciated. I am trying to make a epic castle and will post pics if I do make it. 

Edited by Jacob Ellinger
Solved

Same with @0ldguy , my potato machine wouldn't run recorder + game, slide show mode On if I do that. :D I assume you already knew the basic use of Editor, then here is a bit advance tips from me,

Hold V button to rotate or move things precisely and freely after you place and click objects and in movement/rotation widget.

Don't be afraid of trying new methods, you can always undo/redo.

Using shortcut buttons is very helpful for long run.

Always Save your progress frequently, annoying things can happen when you're not aware.:)

Use composition feature to have back up of many things

To make perfectly round shape, you need plenty of works, but make round with many angles is doable. Can't wait to see your creation.

Have fun!

Edited by Velocifer
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Ane said:

None of the animals in the game respawn. There's a chance for them to reproduce over night if there's at least one of them.

2 hours ago, Velocifer said:

Same with @0ldguy , my potato machine wouldn't run recorder + game, slide show mode On if I do that. :D I assume you already knew the basic use of Editor, then here is a bit advance tips from me,

Hold V button to rotate or move things precisely and freely after you place and click objects and in movement/rotation widget.

Don't be afraid of trying new methods, you can always undo/redo.

Using shortcut buttons is very helpful for long run.

Always Save your progress frequently, annoying things can happen when you're not aware.:)

Use composition feature to have back up of many things

To make perfectly round shape, you need plenty of works, but make round with many angles is doable. Can't wait to see your creation.

Have fun!

Thank you. I will try that. However what would be nice is if there was a button you could hold to rotate (say v for instance) and then a second button that would rotate whatever block was selected by degrees! I know f rotates a block by 90 degrees but it would be nice to have a button that rotates by a single degree! Imagine if you could tap the arrow keys to rotate a single degree in that direction around an axis? 

1 hour ago, Jacob Ellinger said:

Thank you. I will try that. However what would be nice is if there was a button you could hold to rotate (say v for instance) and then a second button that would rotate whatever block was selected by degrees!

For that case, I don't know if that available in V mode, I could imagine what you mean by rotating to certain degree. Maybe typing number and direction of degree while holding V would be great, like rotating in 3D modelling apps.

2 hours ago, Velocifer said:

For that case, I don't know if that available in V mode, I could imagine what you mean by rotating to certain degree. Maybe typing number and direction of degree while holding V would be great, like rotating in 3D modelling apps.

Just tested it and v mode does work that way... sort of. there is an option at the top to choose how much a block rotates by degrees! so once you go into v mode you select the rotation line and it ticks by a degree depending on what you have it set to! After you make a perfect circle with bricks you copy the whole thing and paste it in then rotate that whole structure 1 degree and place on top of existing bricks! You can make full towers in no time this way. Thanks a bunch Velocifer!

Edited by Jacob Ellinger
  • Like 1

Awesome, welldone and you're welcome.. See, now you create faster methods, congratulation! Show your creation in community creation sub-forum, I'm sure people would like to see yours.

Shift + letter A,E,d,s will meke it move fast

drunk right now  or use sroll