gbkisses

Editable game

Hi Ylanders, 

Do we have any clue if the game is going to be editable in the final release? 

I mean I wish a legit exploration mode so so so far... Something like a non editable save game, hosted somewhere else than on our computer...  

Edition mod kills it all to me... 

Please tell me your thoughts, as I'm not sure of BI's goals. 

All the best and merry X-mas! 

6 hours ago, gbkisses said:

Do we have any clue if the game is going to be editable in the final release? 

You mean modding? If that so, yes this game will support mod in the future. But I'm not sure what kind of mods is possible, since ingame skins is in BI's playground, maybe some "action" mods. Let's see in the future.

Hi Velocifer, 

I was not talking about mods but about the exploration mod. 

I meant is this mod gonna be editable? I hope no, this could be that way a really great survival / exploration game. I love legit thing. I hope the game (exploration) will not be cheated because editable in the editor.

Hoping I'm understood! Would like some clues about this please! 

Happy new year Ylanders! 

Ah I see.. oh well, you can edit exploration mode in Editor and you have your own full responsibility by using Editor in exploration mode or other mode. As long as it's only in single player or your own server, there is not a problem and I think nothing is wrong cheating in singleplayer game, no one get hurt except you so it's your own risk. That's ok to limit yourself to not use editor in survival/exploration mode, after all thats how you get fun and thats the point of playing games, like this wonderful Ylands!

Have fun!

Edited by Velocifer

The thing is that you can switch between SP and MP as you want.

It kills the game a little bit to me. I dont get the point of being able to edit your game in exploration mode. Indeed if you don't want you don't do it. But as you can,  it just spoils the game as it should not. 

I love the game so far, but maybe it's not my type of game..

At least an edited exploration game should be tagged as edited! 

Edited by gbkisses

5 hours ago, gbkisses said:

The thing is that you can switch between SP and MP as you want.

It kills the game a little bit to me. I dont get the point of being able to edit your game in exploration mode. Indeed if you don't want you don't do it. But as you can,  it just spoils the game as it should not. 

I love the game so far, but maybe it's not my type of game..

At least an edited exploration game should be tagged as edited! 

so i am with you kinda but lets say some random guy joins your game, he spawns in the same place everyone starts at he is a troll so he digs a massive hole on the spawn and box's it in with stone/ect, you could then once you realize simply go to editor delete the blocks and fill the hole in, currently there is no safe/build free spawn areas on the game, there is many reasons you might want to use the editor other than cheating.

Hi !

Yeah what an idea x)

Well, there should be parade for that, like authorizing fresh joigning members to do things or not,  (ie the guild bank in wow - sorry for that).

Well I'm frustrated by "accessing things faster than the normal way".

To me, the Editor should be limitated / syncable with the Creation mod. However, any creation via one of these game could be crafted in the "Exploration mod".

Authorizing an edit in the "Exploration mod" is an opened door to reversing the "exploration" game, as I can see it now. I see it more Survival game than a "Minecraft" game. This.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this might come from the day I was playing Diablo offline, then tried online. Everything was fucked and cheated.

26 minutes ago, gbkisses said:

Hi !

Yeah what an idea x)

Well, there should be parade for that, like authorizing fresh joigning members to do things or not,  (ie the guild bank in wow - sorry for that).

Well I'm frustrated by "accessing things faster than the normal way".

To me, the Editor should be limitated / syncable with the Creation mod. However, any creation via one of these game could be crafted in the "Exploration mod".

Authorizing an edit in the "Exploration mod" is an opened door to reversing the "exploration" game, as I can see it now. I see it more Survival game than a "Minecraft" game. This.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this might come from the day I was playing Diablo offline, then tried online. Everything was fucked and cheated.

they could just have it so you can only edit the start yland, i don't know how much you have played with the editor, but open your exploration game in editor and try find another yland on it, not a easy thing to do, and if you want to public your game, never wise to build a base on the start yland because you will get robbed.

3 minutes ago, mid endian said:

Have you considered using the editor to make exploration harder? It cuts both ways. 

a good idea however it would take you hours and hours to even find and remove stuff from the other ylands, finding them in editor is the biggest pain, so if you have 8 - 15 ylands to find ha lol 

Edited by Designated Drinker
  • Like 1

Just now, Designated Drinker said:

a good idea however it would take you hours and hours to even find and remove stuff from the other ylands, findinf them in editor is the biggest pain, so if you have 8 - 15 ylands to find ha lol 

Harder is an option yes, but I like to take what offer the game, random. So everything is a surprise ! THIS is exploration !