JonnyDarcko001

RESOLVED Ship Ladder Teleports Me To Last USed Ladder

Question

So I go to my large ship I built a while ago. Every time I go up the ladder to get on it the game teleports me to the top of the last ladder I used. In this particular case it teleports me from my ship to the middle of an island in a house I used before I took to the sea. The ladder on the other side simply puts me half way up and I fall into the water. So I ended the game and reloaded it. Now it teleports me to the other ladder I used on the other side of the ship. I included a video clip for more reference. This error has not gone away and only since latest update. There are a million more bugs but I figured Devs are hard at work on the small ones but this effects my game play a lot.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

Same just happened to me.    It transferred me to an empty hull, I had just lain down an hour before.   Went across the map to the edge got off my main ship, when I went to get back on, poof across the map to the main island on my empty hull.   I see it is a known issue, but just wanted to commiserate the frustration. 

• Like 1

It seems to always teleport me to the last used ladder besides the ship. Not game breaking for the moment as this game is really fun so far. Im glad the Devs are doing a lot so far.

Yeah I clicked a ladder on my ship, and it teleported me way up in the sky, where I plummeted to my death.... somewhere? I can't seem to find my body and it was dark when I fell.

Is there some kind of like console thing or whatever that makes you respawn with your gear, for if you die via random bug and not a legit reason? I REALLY do not want to have to remake all the crap I had on me since I was on my way to drop off a ton of loot....

Had the same issue -- used a ladder on my ship on one island, was teleported to another ladder on ANOTHER island.... heh. 

Same issue, but I get teleported to my home island in the mountains. its only on my large ship when i click the ladder from far away.

Can you guys attach the save game where you had this issue?

i once used a ladder in a premade house and it took me to a different island to someone elses ship. I was like I struck gold. as i climb on to the ship it teleported me back to the house. 

failed to replicate that as i wanted to loot that guys boat and maybe blow it up with gunpowder kegs, sadly i later died by a panther as i only has a straw skirt on