Silwercastle

What is your favourite survival food ?

For me it is bread, it takes longer make (grow, grind, bake, bake) but it just keep the hunger away longer. Any other food makes me wish to ask that the game be renamed to the hungers game.

Here is a nice batch of wheat that should give 243 breads.

20171227201115_1.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 8:05 PM, handofthesly said:

So far I have found Bread, Roast Meat & Roast Bird Meat to provide the longest satiation, about 15 minutes.

Next up would be the Baked Potato at around 12 minutes

Then Melons, Pineapples, Roast Starfish at about 10 minutes

Bamboo Shoot Salad, Roast Fruit, Roast vegetables, Raw Meat, Raw Bird Meat at about 7 minutes

Bread Dough, Carrots, Potatoes, Roast Mushroom, Spinach Leaves and Roast Crab at 5 minutes

Corn, Flour, Blackberries, Bearberries, Bananas, Champignon, Oyster Meat, Sea Urchin Meat, Prunella Leaves, Raw Crab, Acai Berries and Raspberries between 1 to 3 minutes so these are the worst but are generally the easiest to find and don't require cooking so good for the first few days.

Hope this helps!

I’ve touched on this subject in another post so sill just link it here. But yes, I agree with you Bread is the best survival food with the longest satiation alongside roast meat however bread is renewable. It does take a long time to make so my next choice is baked potatoes which are almost the same satiation and take less time to make

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, handofthesly said:

I’ve touched on this subject in another post so sill just link it here. But yes, I agree with you Bread is the best survival food with the longest satiation alongside roast meat however bread is renewable. It does take a long time to make so my next choice is baked potatoes which are almost the same satiation and take less time to make

Interesting, I tried keeping full with fish but that just does not work as it has just been eaten and its hunger time again.

Interesting information!  I could try and get real times collated to each type of food, and see if these times vary when doing exertion tasks (swimming/jumping/running vs sitting around base, etc).  

My question for you all is this: Have you eaten until you saw the "I am no longer hungry." and stopped there, or did you keep eating past that message, to see if results change? 

I guess that if you do eat a little past "I am no longer hungry," you get more satiation (or saturation) and can go longer between meals in-game.

Can anyone support this?

I always eat one more past "I am not hungry anymore" I usually eat roasted meat and I don't know if it keeps hunger at bay more by eating past it, but it feels like  I'm not as hungry as ofter. But it could just be me perceiving that it lasts longer rather than it really lasting longer.

Baked potatoes are my fav. fill you full and super easy to make. You can definitely eat past the "im not hungry" message. with a baked potato i can go quite long before the hungry message reappears.

Cooked fruit is also super easy with bananas since you do not have to replant those and you get quite a bit per tree. 

I ate several bananas (10) past the "not hungry" message and I also did not get the hungry message appearing again for some time.

Edited by bo1ogna
added more info

10 minutes ago, Neoma said:

fish for me. Since, I'm always on my ship

Try making a port on a island for yourself and plant lots of wheat and then just replenish now and then. The reduction in eating time is big.

Taters, all the way.  Macro to plant 50 at a time with a crafting potion after 4-500 and I'm good for a long while.  Not to mention they do hold saturation almost as well as cooked "Beef".  I'm not going to run the numbers but when someone does its going to be taters for the win with the best ROI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arkaeldren said:

... Macro to plant 50 at a time with a crafting potion after 4-500 and I'm good for a long while.  ...

What sorcery is this??  Crafting potions affect planting?  I must see this!

• Haha 1

baked potato is super easy, seems to last a long time, allthough i feel like the hunger on some foods needs tweaking my guy can eat 500 bananas, and bananas in real life are very filling so it makes no sense how many you need to eat 

On 12/30/2017 at 4:16 AM, Ethan Gordon Wilson said:

What sorcery is this??  Crafting potions affect planting?  I must see this!

Macro bud, simply repeating the mouse hold down with correct timing 50 times in a row.  My right mouse button thanks me.:D

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2017 at 11:29 AM, arkaeldren said:

Macro bud, simply repeating the mouse hold down with correct timing 50 times in a row.  My right mouse button thanks me.:D

Oh ok.  Meh.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:10 AM, Designated Drinker said:

baked potato is super easy, seems to last a long time, allthough i feel like the hunger on some foods needs tweaking my guy can eat 500 bananas, and bananas in real life are very filling so it makes no sense how many you need to eat 

OR nutrition... I remember a mod in Minecraft that forced you to have to eat different foods or you couldn't fill your hunger bar.  "Spice of Life" I think the mod was called.  It was the most realistic eating mod simulation in any game I've seen to date.

With all the different foods in Ylands, there's got to be some incentive to make different foods.  Also about cultivating more than just veggies and plants there needs to be more content... like raising animals for their meat and leather. (This will be in another thread or I'll add a link to an existing thread about this here).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ethan Gordon Wilson said:

OR nutrition... I remember a mod in Minecraft that forced you to have to eat different foods or you couldn't fill your hunger bar.  "Spice of Life" I think the mod was called.  It was the most realistic eating mod simulation in any game I've seen to date.

With all the different foods in Ylands, there's got to be some incentive to make different foods.  Also about cultivating more than just veggies and plants there needs to be more content... like raising animals for their meat and leather. (This will be in another thread or I'll add a link to an existing thread about this here).

well i would say combining the foods to make a meal that makes your hunger go away for even longer, as for raising animals i built a fence opened the gate and punched two goats to get them to run in the pen shut it, now i have 6 goats, and the two i punched well they remember me lol. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Designated Drinker said:

well i would say combining the foods to make a meal that makes your hunger go away for even longer, as for raising animals i built a fence opened the gate and punched two goats to get them to run in the pen shut it, now i have 6 goats, and the two i punched well they remember me lol. 

So breeding is done by simply having two or more of the same type mob close to one another?  If that's the case, then I'll have to start experimenting.

• Like 1