Gmines

Ship glitches out while building

I built the large ship and when I went to place the large mast the ship glitched out and flew up into the sky and flipped upside down.  I have tried and nothing I do can flip it right side up any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated even if it is a way to just get rid of the ship as an upside-down ship in the water outside my base is annoying.

So there is a funky bug that happens at times with ships... I have had the ship almost sink while trying to place an item on it... a large item usually like the mast or the engine... but have also had it happen with the helm... way around it for me was to place a small object down (like a 1x1x1) log or cube... then place your large object and after that it should be all good... though this may happen again later... I have a 4 master large ship that I wanted to place engines on... the ship is fully built with cabin, multiple floors, etc... when I went to place engines the thing almost sank... I placed a small log on it... placed my engines and then picked up the log... all was well...

... I have experimented in shallow and deep water, anchor up and anchor down... it happens randomly, not all the time but it does happen after ship has been built and sailed quite a bit as well.

It  also happened to me  after i was  returning form plundering a saltpeter deposit on a nearby  Ysland ...  i placed some  loot  into a  chest on the ship ...it  was still under full sail....  suddenly the  ship   dived  under the   sea...   rocked then   shot  into the  air   and  we traveled   suddenly   righted itself and  dropped  back    into a normal   position... at an angle   above the water. for  10  seconds...  then    all acted  normal ...    the   attached  screenshot  show the  ship at an angle  of  45 degrees listing   to  port and  with the  stern nearly under water.

20171228175729_1.jpg

Likely a collision/clipping issue between the ship and another object.  Might be mitigated if "mass" was added to the objects, and a physics model was applied when they collide. 

This may help make seagulls less likely to flip large ships as they fly through them. ;2)

• Upvote 1

.. And vultures ...got one stuck in the deck and it turned the   ship  180  degrees ...   took me  5 minutes   of   chasing it around the  deck between storage chests trying to get it with a saber...was careful  not to  hit helm    by mistake.

The  meat  made a  great meal when roasted :D

And falling animation.. I was climbing the mast while sailing xD somehow I step at wrong spot, then falling directly to the hull and dead. Ship was sailing by itself after sank half of its deck.. Luckily there is "Non-ghost ship" system, got the ship back not too far from where I died. ^_^

MINE  WORKS NOW...

When the ship glitches in this fashion if you will place anything on the ship in "Free Place" mode ( keybinding = V ) .  Then toggle back it eliminates this bug.