Ethan Gordon Wilson

Grow "Grass" to eliminate dirt "spots" on map - Beautification!

Question

(Please hit the Up-vote arrow at top left if you agree, to get the 'dev's attention on this issue!)

Unless I'm missing some item that already does this, please consider allowing the automatic "growth" of greenery "grass" to cover up recently placed dirt in areas where landscaping was performed.  This should help eliminate those garish brown lumps that show up as you terraform your land around your base.

Thanks!

20171209061222_1.jpg

Edited by Ethan Gordon Wilson
  • Upvote 4

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

Agreed!

Perhaps  planting   grass seeds  could  be  implemented... ? and  after 3 days  if its   soil etc  it goes green.

1 minute ago, Designated Drinker said:

wait i thought there was a terraformer gun no? 

Only in Creative mode

well that kinda sucks but i guess if you had it in exploration mode people could ruin the map if it gets in the wrong hands, they could actually make it so when you plant grass and it grows it turns the tile it is on green 

Edited by Designated Drinker

if you place dirt ... it looks like dirt

if you raise green terrain with a shovel ... it looks like green terrain

22 hours ago, landscaper said:

yes but you cant place it in other locations like you can dirt, even though i would like to see the speed that dirt/gravel and stuff gets put down reduced, you could land on the moon if you keep your finger on the place dirt  for more than a few seconds and people are trying to landscape most the time not build a mud mountain, maybe a 0.5 x speed and a 1.0 x speed on dirt/gravel placing.

Edited by Designated Drinker

The biggest issue I have with this is in applications of landscaping.  Making strip mines and clearing areas for placing a foundation isn't the issue as I'm usually not making living space in that area or am planning to cover it up anyways

On 12/31/2017 at 5:29 AM, landscaper said:

The problem with the shovel is that there's a limit to how much flattening can be done with the tool - areas that are too high or low from the leveling plane - which force you to use other tools to flatten the area, which in turn exposes dirt or forces you to place dirt, leaving the dirt color.

In my OP picture, notice the brown area to the lower left; that's where I had to add dirt to raise the ground level to meet the rest of my foundation area.

Edited by Ethan Gordon Wilson