Excelsior

First spawn should be a random yland

Question

In multiplayer, the first spawn should be a random yland for each player. Then you can default to the one they died on if killed there.

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

OK. I start a new game and spawn in. A few days later, I have someone join me. But instead of them spawning in the same exact spot that I spawned in at, it COULD be at that spot or another starting spot on another yland. This will allow the opportunity for players to build and explore with discovery of others when they find each other.

3 hours ago, excelsior said:

OK. I start a new game and spawn in. A few days later, I have someone join me. But instead of them spawning in the same exact spot that I spawned in at, it COULD be at that spot or another starting spot on another yland. This will allow the opportunity for players to build and explore with discovery of others when they find each other.

So each player has their own designated spawn location?  That is nice!

My only concerns are these: 1) Some players will have better spawns depending on the biome they spawn into. 2) This shouldn't be a default, but an option at world creation time.

Edited by Ethan Gordon Wilson

18 hours ago, Ethan Gordon Wilson said:

So each player has their own designated spawn location?  That is nice!

i wanted to elaborate that this is already the case - kind of. not each player, but each island already has it's unique spawn point. we did exactly what you suggested, only that i shipped my friend out to an unhabited island for him to start exploring from zero, and when he died the first time, he spawned on his own island, while i keep spawning on mine after death.

edit:

the "entry point" for the editor is still the spawn point on my island (which was the first initial spawn point of the save file).

Edited by spliff (DayZ)
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, spliff (DayZ) said:

i wanted to elaborate that this is already the case - kind of. not each player, but each island already has it's unique spawn point. we did exactly what you suggested, only that i shipped my friend out to an unhabited island for him to start exploring from zero, and when he died the first time, he spawned on his own island, while i keep spawning on mine after death.

edit:

the "entry point" for the editor is still the spawn point on my island (which was the first initial spawn point of the save file).

Interesting.  I wonder if the editor can assign spawn points to each player that logs in?