Vokurka

Need help with the lights

I need more light in my dock but dont know how. Now I have 4 street lamps plus one wall lamp but it´s not enough :(20171229152120_1.thumb.jpg.2eaaf82052873f005acc08bb26bbc929.jpg20171229152142_1.thumb.jpg.f8b12c4f65101af91c474669df997b16.jpg

Thank you for hints :)

You could use glowing mushrooms for bias lighting, tracing the walkways.  You may even be able to place them underneath the piers, for lighting the water.  Give it a try.

Edited by Ethan Gordon Wilson

Lanterns "hanging" off Poles free placed in walls give off lots of light... Also blue crystals under piers give a nice effect or glowing mushrooms free placed are nice as well.

Personally, I find the uncovered street lamps work pretty well. Used about four of them along the length-wise section of my dock. Can see them from a decent distance and they light it up well enough to dock my ship.

ok .. combination Wall lights, Street lamps and Lanterns looks much better but still is not perfect :(I'll try to use more lanterns and some blue crystals.

20171230164806_1.thumb.jpg.64d62b96b327781590bec9a17412a750.jpg

3 hours ago, JeremiahKane said:

Personally, I find the uncovered street lamps work pretty well. Used about four of them along the length-wise section of my dock. Can see them from a decent distance and they light it up well enough to dock my ship.

Can you show screenshot of your dock with that lights please ? :)

Forgot about the accounting linking bug, so my ship's god knows where, but this is from my old world. The lighting isn't great but it sufficed for what I needed. Never finished building everything, though.

20171230160919_1.jpg

20171230160931_1.jpg

That looks really nice :) Best item for my problem is Large Spotlight but we cant move with that light for best settings so it is useless for me now :(