Sign in to follow this  
Designated Drinker

Chisel repair bug?/map graphical glitch

Question

just posting a few pictures of a map graphical glitch and a possible chisel bug 

• the map one the two tiny ylands it is showing are not there just ocean, pretty sure this is from some other part of the map and it somehow got glitched there
  • chisel possible bug is it takes 5 repair kits to fix it up from used status, where everything else from broken only take 3 or 4 
  • and the 3rd one when switching to hide all the interface if you go into your bag and select an item it comes up on the screen big and you can't move and get stuck 

map1.jpg

chisel.jpg

stuck.jpg

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

As far as the Chisel is concerned, it seems to have a greater durability than most other things. Probably since it's only real use is crafting. Which is unlike the Saw or other tools that can be used in the world. The rest of it, no idea.

4 hours ago, JeremiahKane said:

As far as the Chisel is concerned, it seems to have a greater durability than most other things. Probably since it's only real use is crafting. Which is unlike the Saw or other tools that can be used in the world. The rest of it, no idea.

yea but have you tried to repair a broken chisel? you need like 20 repair kits

Yeah, I have. Numerous times. The more durability something has the more repair kits it'll take. For example, take a stone axe and an iron axe and use them til they're both broken. Pretty sure the stone axe will break much more quickly. Repair them. The stone axe will take only one, whereas the iron axe will take three. If one was able to get exact number values on the durability of items, I'd be willing to wager the chisel has a lot higher durability than any other tool.

Apologies for the double-post, but I just did some durability testing via crafting.

First, I loaded myself on stone chunks. Then a chisel. Then I started with the stone hammer and made some of the small stone blocks; the one's that make 20 blocks per craft/chunk.Made all I could, and the stone hammer broke at 20 chunks used. Then I repeated this with the iron hammer and war hammer (separately, of course) and each broke after 60 chunks used. So, now we're at 140 chunks used. Chisel's still going strong. Repaired (with basic repair kits) all three hammers: The stone took 1; the other two took 3 each. I then junked the iron and war hammers. Repeated the crafting, then repairing process until the chisel finally broke. 60 more chunks used. That's a total of 200 chunks/crafts. Repaired it, and it took 10 repair kits.

So, from this data we can assume that the durability of stone hammer is 20x, whereas x is the amount of durability used during crafting. (Frankly, I don't see the durability being 20, since I've swung the iron hammer at stone blocks for more than 60 swings before it broke.) And the iron and war hammers are 60x. As for the chisel, well, it's 200x. And as for the basic repair kits, we can safely assume that they repair 20x durability each.

TL;DR The chisel will last 10 times longer than stone tools, and ~3.3 times longer than iron tools in crafting.