Designated Drinker

Will this work?

So i found a nice pattern that is even and i am happy with how the base of the hull is going to be set, but i am building the entire ship out of brick/clay/stone, before i put in the hours will it bug out/does stone weight the ship down make it go crazy? i have not seen a stone ship yet so curious to know if it is doable before i sink the time in.kinda scared my chests/workstations will vanish and i will lose all my items. i wanted a castle ship 

stone.jpg

Edited by Designated Drinker

i think it's doable, if it sink that would be better! You made a submarine.. :D but stones have texture shade issue when coloring, I suggest rotate it correctly.

11 hours ago, Velocifer said:

i think it's doable, if it sink that would be better! You made a submarine.. :D but stones have texture shade issue when coloring, I suggest rotate it correctly.

yea there is two shades using the dark side, i thought there might be a reason i dont see any stone ships, i was thinking maybe they move slower?

Totally doable... stone vs. wood vs. metal seems to have no "weight" effect.  The only restrictions when building on a ship are "boundaries" to the sides, front, back, and height... at this moment you can place masts only on ship proper and not on any built objects ni explorer... in creative you can... so be aware of that... I'f I'm wrong on masts plz correct me but in my builds I cannot place them "on top of" structures in my ship... only on ship proper

2 minutes ago, Lupowop said:

Totally doable... stone vs. wood vs. metal seems to have no "weight" effect.  The only restrictions when building on a ship are "boundaries" to the sides, front, back, and height... at this moment you can place masts only on ship proper and not on any built objects ni explorer... in creative you can... so be aware of that... I'f I'm wrong on masts plz correct me but in my builds I cannot place them "on top of" structures in my ship... only on ship proper

oh man i didnt think of the masts and i spent hours on the ship yesterday, maybe i will run it with engines?

Hull is done manage to max it and have even squares, taking way longer to build this ship than i thought though, glitched the anchor inside the flooring

HULL.jpg

inhull.jpg

Got the mast on in explorer mode via editor, since you are right you cannot put the mast on top of any item without the editor 

mast.jpg

On 12/31/2017 at 12:43 PM, Designated Drinker said:

oh man i didnt think of the masts and i spent hours on the ship yesterday, maybe i will run it with engines?

It looks awesome so far!  I hate swapping to editor to fix my masts... but YES the ship will run on engines and boy do they move.... there is a post by a member that tested the ship speeds with sails and engines... He did a phenomenal job... Let me find it and I'll link it... But in my ship I run both sails and engines... sails are nice to have just as a backup when you "forget" to bring fuel for the engines... and oh... btw... cannot place engines anywhere other than ship hull in explorer as well.. :(

that is gpood to know but all them hours i put in, building the ship and i just logged in the game after yesterday logging out at night on my ship in a room on my ship i should say, and i log in i am in the sea in freezing water at night being chased by sharks and my ship is running away OH MY GOD! find where i died is going to be near impossible 

well.jpg

17 minutes ago, RedEagle_MGN said:

I'd just save the ship to the editor just in case it all goes wrong. 

i was about to but i have not finished it yet i am trying to find a jungle yland but i am not sure if i have a jungle yland i have found 10 ylands and none are jungle i need a rubber tree, anyway i quickly used unstuck before i died and now i am on a random yland i guess i can build a boat and find where my ship is by looking at map and sail fog of war, i should create a backup save file for sure 

oh dude, that happened to me last year. :D don't worry Ylands have "non-ghost ship" system already. So your ship should be not too far from your last known location.

Do back up to your ship design in Editor composition could come in handy too.

Happened to me once when   my  ip connection dropped out...  I swam like  crazy after the ship and   it  did  stop eventually and i made it back on  board with  half  a  health  heart and 3  hungry  sharks  zeroing  in...O.o

I always   log out  after i have  anchored near a  yland...  if  I do get  caught in open sea,  and have to log out   lower  sails,  drop anchor  then hold onto the  helm like a madman  ....  and then log out ¬¬

Has not    happened   again after adopting that procedure

• Haha 1

.... with your brand new fresh propeller pack on... double tapping space accidentally while your ship is at full engine with 4x engines... 

1 hour ago, Lupowop said:

.... with your brand new fresh propeller pack on... double tapping space accidentally while your ship is at full engine with 4x engines... 

Yeah I feel the pain, scuba fins make it all a lot easier but you still have to let the boat sail out of view... Which is painful :D

On 2.1.2018 at 3:36 AM, kimbuck said:

Happened to me once when   my  ip connection dropped out...  I swam like  crazy after the ship and   it  did  stop eventually and i made it back on  board with  half  a  health  heart and 3  hungry  sharks  zeroing  in...O.o

I always   log out  after i have  anchored near a  yland...  if  I do get  caught in open sea,  and have to log out   lower  sails,  drop anchor  then hold onto the  helm like a madman  ....  and then log out ¬¬

Has not    happened   again after adopting that procedure

the most important part of all this is to stop the ship, so it won't sail immediatly after logging in. worked for me so far. :-)

i had a ship with 6 large masts, faster then the propeller pack. i had backward facing stairs and went down them while the ship was sailing. man thought i grew wings as i flew as i watched my boat sail away.