8Trek

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-8225] Doorway Stutter

Question

When passing through a doorway I'll stick for about a quarter second.  Also happens with any other 6 block high passageway. 7 is fine but no doors that big yet

• Upvote 3

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yup, I have encountered this too. My character starts to look like he’s crouching and won’t go through the door unless I either jump or walk into the door at a funny angle

• Upvote 1

I have the same stutter issue on a flat surface with a 6 block high doorway, but on a 6 high doorway at the top of stairs the character just gets stuck and can not get through without jumping.

I can confirm this ..it happens   at a doorway at the top of stairs ... you have to  approach at an angle to get through.

I experienced this as well, I had to go back and re-frame the doorway with joists lining the sides, with one regular log on the top, and bottom, and then it seemed to work fine.

Yep I encountered this aswell, seems when you walk to 5-6 blocks tall room or doorway from open space you will mostly stuck and need to jump to get pass through. It's like your shade is taller than your body. xD

Yes, some doors or steps (stairs) sometimes block me from moving. I have the same problem with move from my bed in first person (well.. this is veryrealistic in my case! ;) ) . Also, some small items or furniture/chests/barrels also "hold" me for a moment, however they are far away from me - around one "cube" above me or beside me. Few weeks ago if you could stack for good and only axe could help you. Now I can jump or move mouse around and move at the same time to move from the "trap". Still annoying - I placed small horseshoe above my door - around cube above the door, so it's cannot hold me, but... it's holding me anyway.

Talking about doors - I have problems mounting doors. Sometimes I want them to open other way (to the inside or outside) and yes, I can rotate some doors (symetric ones only...), but the are not centered and looks bad... I wish there would be yet one more button: "mirror object" in free placing mode. Or if it's impossible, you should be able to choose way the doors open... 

Another problem is making two doors together as big doors or barn doors... You can rotate these and two types of doors looks okey flipped, but they cannot be placed to grid (there is no space, red grid), the only thing I can do if free placing these (fortunatelly). The doors I mention are the simpliest-shack ones. Maybe I'm flipping/rotating there wrong way? Or mayb there is "mirror" key??

BTW. There would be very usefull if you could add three blocks based on "thin wooden panel with beam holding planks". It should have to be half as thick (look like that) as regular wooden panel 4x4x1. There is no wooden planks snapping to grid, except for the one panel. It's great for building walls and they look pretty good, but 4x4 only isn't enought to fit windows, doors and so on. So, mormal 4x1, 2x1 and 1x1 "desks" or "planks" would be great...

• Upvote 1

Yes, but in my case it holds me for longer and sometimes I cannot move just like that. I move there - hero stops and I have to release key and press "move forward" again, then he moves. If not - I have to jump.