RobinKing

No rainforest biom?

Just a question, on my youtube series save i rly cant find any rainforest biom? Is it possible that there is no on my world? I need that rubber   :(

There should be atleast 1 rainforest biome. Usually at the center of the map (overall ylands map). if your save game is the old save (save game from before the rubber update) then you need to spawn/put it manually from Editor.

Good luck and Have fun!

Make sure you check all around each islands.....   i had one that was roughly a figure 8 shape. with a central  mountain at the join... one   side was  desert with copper etc and hyenas    and the other side was  tropical  with  rubber and  iron etc...and  pumas!

I was not game to go into the  only central cave  as  hell knows what mutants were in there!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RobinKing said:

Just a question, on my youtube series save i rly cant find any rainforest biom? Is it possible that there is no on my world? I need that rubber   :(

did you find one/ because i also cant find one and i have 11 ylands done with 

7 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Make sure you check all around each islands.....   i had one that was roughly a figure 8 shape. with a central  mountain at the join... one   side was  desert with copper etc and hyenas    and the other side was  tropical  with  rubber and  iron etc...and  pumas!

I was not game to go into the  only central cave  as  hell knows what mutants were in there!

i am currently going around my desert ylands i have 4 of them hoping there is a rainforrest area on them does not look good for me though 

I found one tropical yland  but it was heavily infested with  leopards ...lots of them !...so i  quickly chopped down 6 of the closest  rubber trees and  brought the seeds back to my temperate biome  base...and   started a plantation there.. I would harvest the rubber, then  chop  down one  tree,  replant it  and  2 others...  the plantation is   quite  extensive  now.¬¬

I was messing around in a creative/survival world I had set up, and I was wondering if Island variation only exists in explore? I had seen 2 other Islands all of the same biome-type as the original.

3 minutes ago, TheClockArm said:

I was messing around in a creative/survival world I had set up, and I was wondering if Island variation only exists in explore? I had seen 2 other Islands all of the same biome-type as the original.

By answering you, could be an off topic subject. But I'm gonna answer you anyway.. :P

For now, Yes, Islands variation are only generated in exploration mode. Some creator made awesome scenario with multiple biomes, remember they put that biomes manually.. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, Have fun!

5 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

By answering you, could be an off topic subject. But I'm gonna answer you anyway.. :P

For now, Yes, Islands variation are only generated in exploration mode. Some creator made awesome scenario with multiple biomes, remember they put that biomes manually.. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, Have fun!

you can make your own but the biome effects don't work rain storms,feeling cold ect, the thing that totally put me off creation mode was the inability to save and jump to a location on the fly because if you are building a map on size 5 you wont find locations, and size 5 is just one massive single biome more like a continent,

anyway on my exploration i have just looked on two out of my four desert like biomes so far no jungle at all 100% fog of war reveal,

but i did find this so wont be needing no more of this resource again lol

themotherload.jpg

8 minutes ago, Designated Drinker said:

but i did find this so wont be needing no more of this resource again lol

what in the world is that? sand/sandstone pit? don't tell me it's sulphur?! O.o

looks pretty damn epic that cave entrance -like.

[update] Good luck for your finding.. Based on my experience, tropical biome should be before the temperate biome yland or beside it, if you're going from center of the map.

Edited by Velocifer

7 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

what in the world is that? sand/sandstone pit? don't tell me it's sulphur?! O.o

looks pretty damn epic that cave entrance -like.

yea there is a cave entrance but i don't have the tech to really be going inside it yet, so i need some damn rubber,saltpeter that is only half of it on the other side there is more with mutated animals 

ah I see, I just update my post, incase you didn't notice it. And yeah to know where is your center of the map, simply see your temperate ylands/polar ylands, it's just like Earth, north or south. Tropical yland is between them.

13 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

[update] Good luck for your finding.. Based on my experience, tropical biome should be before the temperate biome yland or beside it, if you're going from center of the map.

it's hard to find the center of the map because i can't zoom out that far, and i think my starting yland was on the edge of the map because i could not go west hardly at all without it saying turn back no more ylands, 

here is that cave 

desert.png

Hemmh, yeah you can't zoom out that far, which is pretty annoying.. 

About that notification, I noticed weird behaviour, I watched Keralis video when he going straight to far island while finding underwater treasure, that notification is pop up, but he clearly going straight to that far island that he discovered. I tried myself, and going straight to fartest island I have, indeed the route is passing the deep sea water and yes that notification is pop up on my screen.. ¬¬

Btw that desert island you have is cool dude, I never found yland that has oasis on it.

Edited by Velocifer

finally found a jungle biome! after a week of real playing 6+ hours a day, yea it is cool i think my explorer map has a lot of ylands, i found the jungle yland way above the desert one and there seems to be loads of unexplored map space i can sail to so i think i'll end up with 15+ ylands, the jungle map is the otherside of the map where i started real far away 

yjungle.thumb.jpg.4b968b1a2f4a0a157f49d6a1a2b427f5.jpg