kimbuck

Shovel to flatten terrain tiles at non horizontal

Question

Currently the  shovel  flattens land   and  this can resulted in a"stepped"  landscape ..which is  not  friendly to vehicles  and also  un-appealing to look at.  What would  be  handy is to  be able to use the  f  g  h  keys with the  shovel to contour a tile at a 45 degree angle,  allowing for   sloped roads  etc..  Also to form  beaches   and  easy   access/egress to water.

• Upvote 8

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

yep, I hope somehow you can type the angle while holding shovel or something, and flatten the walls and ceiling not only floor please. :P

• Upvote 1

This would be great! We could finally create some nice tracks for our cars. I very much hope this (or something similar) gets implemented.

This would suit one of my wants too, it's frustrating having a jagged edge next to a flat ground

I have like tons of dirt in my Soil Container, what i would like is to be able to craft a Terraforming Tool and to feed it with Dirt, or Sand, or whatever other Soil i want and use that to terraform to my taste, this would be much more practical than a shovel, and would empty that Soil Box a bit too.

Not only flatten walls and ceiling, as Velocifer sugested. It would be good to be able to smooth them too. And wothout destroying what is above when doing that in a cave. Now the smoothing tool makes huge scars on the ground if you smooth in a cave below it.

• Upvote 1

I didn't know a smoothing tool was in the works but i have wished on several occasions to have a rake that would be used for smoothing.