TheClockArm

Best method for destroying stone after solidification?

Is there a tool or method for demolishing stone blocks quickly? As of now, it takes ages for anything I try, and it discourages me from building in stone in fear that I might want to change the build later. Advice?

Protective barrier

Inside its cover range you can simply deconstruct all you want with hammer.

But remember that you can activate it only once.

Otherwise war hammer or war axe and long time ago in a galaxy far far away.. ouch wrong game ;)

19 minutes ago, frostmx said:

Protective barrier

I understand that you can do it, but like you said you can only use it once. If I want to build more than 1 thing, in more than 1 different place, or one thing larger than the area- im out of luck :( Do you know if there will be any other solutions? ei: Modifing protective barrier settings, adding a new tool thats not the annihilator, etc..?

Just now, TheClockArm said:

I understand that you can do it, but like you said you can only use it once. If I want to build more than 1 thing, in more than 1 different place, or one thing larger than the area- im out of luck :( Do you know if there will be any other solutions? ei: Modifing protective barrier settings, adding a new tool thats not the annihilator, etc..?

No other "legal" options by this time.

1) Barrier

2) Destroy it with weapon (long time)

"cheats": editor

Just now, frostmx said:

"cheats": editor

I wasn't aware you could open an active survival or creative world in the editor... how do you do that since I couldn't find the function myself?

Just now, TheClockArm said:

I wasn't aware you could open an active survival or creative world in the editor... how do you do that since I couldn't find the function myself?

Go to editor, file - open - look down for button, if you cant see games, you need to press games - and open your game. Do what you want, save. Go and continue your game.

6 minutes ago, frostmx said:

Go to editor, file - open - look down for button, if you cant see games, you need to press games - and open your game. Do what you want, save. Go and continue your game.

Ill take another look as I hadn't seen it earlier, thanks :) 

I  destroyed  half  my stone  building in on second ...was   hammering at a stone wall near a powder keg ... kaboom! all 3  kegs must have  exploded.   Respawned and ran back in  my  whitey tights to find a massive  crater where my base was...only the  4 side walls left,  no  roof   floor and  some items  scattered around..  I  think  my  forge and smelter  were  blown into the atmosphere!:D

Not the recommended  way of  doing it, but only  sensible method  i find is  using lots of  hammers   while holding a cup of  coffee in  one hand  and the  mouse button down with  the   other hand.  Use   1st person  so you  don't  smash  the  wrong area...

Just now, kimbuck said:

I  destroyed  half  my stone  building in on second ...was   hammering at a stone wall near a powder keg ... kaboom! all 3  kegs must have  exploded.   Respawned and ran back in  my  whitey tights to find a massive  crater where my base was...only the  4 side walls left,  no  roof   floor and  some items  scattered around..  I  think  my  forge and smelter  were  blown into the atmosphere!:D

Not the recommended  way of  doing it, but only  sensible method  i find is  using lots of  hammers   while holding a cup of  coffee in  one hand  and the  mouse button down with  the   other hand.  Use   1st person  so you  don't  smash  the  wrong area...

As you observed, the problem with the powder keg is that it destroys all of your nice things around it :P I admire your ability to grind the stone down with coffee and mouse in hand, but I'm not that hardcore lol. I really like the building and survival of ylands, but I think they could work a little bit more symbiotically- in that it is super grindy, not to gather resources or build, but destroy when you decide to augment your build and you need to take down a wall, or something else of the sort. I would probably be happy with an increase in the amount of hits that it takes to destroy wood, in order to balance the massive decrease in hits required for stone. Or another more flexible option which I would be more happy with is adding more difficulty/building settings to the game which allow giving players to choose from a larger range of difficulty. Idk, just a thought :P 

Perhaps they should  introduce a "Hardener tool"    some sort of gun which  you can use to "harden" objects  after they are placed and you are satisfied with  their  placement.

I agree, that  its a survival game and there has to be some level of  difficulty ..as a challenge.

If there were no  challenges, they  why not go and  play " my little pony's  morning  teatime":D

Some of the resources  are unbalanced ..but that  will  improve with time...   its amazing  how a tiny sapling  can produce a log!  But its still early    access... the wrinkles will get smoothed out  eventually:)

Potato grenades! They do the least damage to other objects around it (but still do damage!). Or maybe the small cannon? I haven't tried that yet, so please try it in the editor first!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

Potato grenades! They do the least damage to other objects around it (but still do damage!). Or maybe the small cannon? I haven't tried that yet, so please try it in the editor first!

Ooh, interesting idea. I'll try it out :) 

8 minutes ago, TheClockArm said:

Ooh, interesting idea. I'll try it out :) 

You can also mount the small cannon on the back of your car/truck. I use this to chop down trees and then process them to logs :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheClockArm said:

Is there a tool or method for demolishing stone blocks quickly? As of now, it takes ages for anything I try, and it discourages me from building in stone in fear that I might want to change the build later. Advice?

Before the barrier was added. I used a war hammer. It took around 20?? (or so) hits before it turned into gravel.