Sign in to follow this  
Whane The Whip

RESOLVED Bug: Protective Barrier does not protect from PvP while offline

Question

According to the in-game help, the protective barrier, when active, will protect the plot owner from damage by other players while offline.

However on the official NA 4 server I had an activated protected barrier and was within plot while offline and I was still PK'd. When I logged back in on the NA4 server I was even able to catch the name of the person that killed me.

vfJi42JwS5myjwYu-G717w.png

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

what was the player that killed you??

i have done this to a few people. i am letting the cat out the bag now.

if you have enough dirt. you can move a offline player out of their protective barrier and then kill them. 
even if they are inside their locked up house that you cant get in. you can push someone through a wall by squeezing them out the wall with placing dirt. 

its a bit harsh to do this, but it sure sped up my progress while joining a new server :P

haha that was the server where i got stuck in a boat and lost everything i had. enough for two large masts plus some.  I guess Karma got back at me

21 hours ago, 6Cowa6Bunga6 said:

what was the player that killed you??

I don't think it was you, the name was Nax, or something like that.

After thinking more about this instance, it might be related to the bug of persistence in terms of being logged in. The PB only protects from damage while the user is offline, but if that bug is present, then the server thinks the user is logged in when they are not hence making them an easy target, one that does not fight back.

I have also noticed that sometimes there is a huge delay between the time a user logs out, and the time the server sees them as logged out.

Reference the steam post:

I'm okay with PvP, though for PvP I'll play a game more tailored to it whereas with a game like YLands, I'm more interested in building. But next to a TK, what is described in that Steam post (spawn killing) is considered by many to be one of the most despicable forms of PvP and often exploited in newer games that have not yet developed a method to deal with it; because it is done only to troll. In this game specifically, it seems to take a long time to login to a multi-player server so spawn killing ruins the experience for the user since they have to wait twice as long (it's already long enough just once) to login since they login dead, and have to start a new character again. The message you send when spawn killing is "I don't want you here, don't even try to play". Logging in is so long that I often see people standing around at the spawn location in their tighty whites that gave up and quit thinking that their login session failed.

For the PB to work, the login session bug needs to be fixed and the time it takes for the server to realize that the user has logged out needs to be as instantaneous as possible. For spawn killing, make it so that a user cannot be attacked until s/he moves after logging in would solve that problem.

• Upvote 1

Spawn killing one of the lowest acts in MP games.  It discourages others from playing.  I  No longer play PUBG because  although in  single player game,  there seems to be "allied groups"  where  part of the group run  around eliminating all the unarmed players as they land, while the rest of the group gather all the weapons around, then share them   and move on to eliminate others...working in a pack.

This  form of  cheating   is  not the intention of the game. I would like to join in a MP game, but if I am going to constantly run up against others  whose  sole purpose  is to troll and ruin it  for others to satisfy  their own ego,  then MP is  not  for me . .. and others  will also avoid  MP games.

Of course them all the  non pvp types will  start games and   lock out the trouble makers,  who will then fill the forums with complaints  that others are not being fair to them and not allowing them to "play"

What the  Devs  could do with  MP  games is give  at the start an option to spawn on  different  Ylands in the game, and  also  different points  on each  Ylands when respawning (  ie  N  s  e  w parts of the  Yland). This could  possibly  give  new players/re-spawners a chance to at least arm themselves or  find a defensive  position, thus   spoiling it  for the trolls as tyhey will not have an unfair  advantage.

I expect this post top get down voted by the trolls , but do  i  care? Nope!:D .. because i  call a spade  a spade ...   and if  you  cheat, i will call you a cheat.

There are people in this world  who play Ylands as a game for  enjoyment,   ..and using the  crafting  etc  as an expression of creativity ...just look at some of the  ships and  building  being produced.

Any  Idiot  can run around with a gun/weapon  killing others and  destroying things.  You don't  need a brain for  that! :P

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Spawn killing one of the lowest acts in MP games.  It discourages others from playing.  I  No longer play PUBG because  although in  single player game,  there seems to be "allied groups"  where  part of the group run  around eliminating all the unarmed players as they land, while the rest of the group gather all the weapons around, then share them   and move on to eliminate others...working in a pack.

This  form of  cheating   is  not the intention of the game. I would like to join in a MP game, but if I am going to constantly run up against others  whose  sole purpose  is to troll and ruin it  for others to satisfy  their own ego,  then MP is  not  for me . .. and others  will also avoid  MP games.

Of course them all the  non pvp types will  start games and   lock out the trouble makers,  who will then fill the forums with complaints  that others are not being fair to them and not allowing them to "play"

What the  Devs  could do with  MP  games is give  at the start an option to spawn on  different  Ylands in the game, and  also  different points  on each  Ylands when respawning (  ie  N  s  e  w parts of the  Yland). This could  possibly  give  new players/re-spawners a chance to at least arm themselves or  find a defensive  position, thus   spoiling it  for the trolls as tyhey will not have an unfair  advantage.

I expect this post top get down voted by the trolls , but do  i  care? Nope!:D .. because i  call a spade  a spade ...   and if  you  cheat, i will call you a cheat.

There are people in this world  who play Ylands as a game for  enjoyment,   ..and using the  crafting  etc  as an expression of creativity ...just look at some of the  ships and  building  being produced.

Any  Idiot  can run around with a gun/weapon  killing others and  destroying things.  You don't  need a brain for  that! :P

I completely agree with you on all points.  I thought earlier in the gaming times, that it was centered around one specific age group, then I realized it was almost every age group, "Almost".  Sad thing, as long as we have people out their that allow themselves to get Medieval enjoyment by hurting other people, these games are going to attract them. These people are just Di@k heads and clowns.  Ruined DayZ for me and that was truly one of the best experiences I have had gaming for many years.  At least it means Ylands is attracting a larger audience, but needs to be handled asap for its future.

There is currently a bug with the barrier when being offline, players aren't only receiving direct damage from other players and animals, so other players set fires below offline players, they froze to death etc.

It will be fixed.