Sign in to follow this  
Antimidation

KNOWN ISSUE Ship hull bug

Question

I have to admit having never running into this issue until somewhat recently. When you place the ready made hull of the ship down and attempt to build on it with the pointed bow piece and also the rear stern piece, the ship starts to flip around as if it's the piece your are placing instead....i never had this problem with the smaller ship hull, now that i've made the larger hull and attempted to build on it, this bug appears. I cannot build on the ship at all, every time i attempt to move the piece into place the entire ship flips on it's side or upside down or high in the air. To be sure I have reset my game and also made sure the anchor was down before building...none of these have fixed the issue. For now, is there any work around for this issue? I feel like this problem is pretty serious, especially when one of the main themes of the game is sailing.

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Some other players mentioned that placing something with free placing mode (V by default) first should then allow you to place the ship parts correctly. Let us know if that doesn't do the trick.

On 1/3/2018 at 1:07 AM, Ane said:

Some other players mentioned that placing something with free placing mode (V by default) first should then allow you to place the ship parts correctly. Let us know if that doesn't do the trick.

I have suggested that build mode incorporate free place and block placement all in the same place, that way you can edit hardened objects. This work around you mention requires awful camera angle manipulation of said hull piece on a ship that isn't placed squarely on the world grid, if it were then you could flip the pieces 45 degrees and figure out how to place it evenly....as it stands now you are using the slight flicks of the mouse to align something perfectly, that will be difficult. I'm sure everyone is working hard on these issues....the work around just sounds horribly tedious at best. Fixing that glitching ship problem will be a welcome sight. Thank you for the reply.

I think I didn't explain myself correctly. You just need to place something in free placing mode ONCE (like a block, or a piece of grass, anything) and then you should be able to place the ship parts normally (other player mentioned for them opening the radial menu once does the trick too, I'm not sure about this one though).

This is just a temporary workaround of course.