You are correct and I totally agree, Windows(7) is a buggy thing turning to a annoying thing (8+). My personal favorite is still XP, but there's nothing to do with it anymore.
  I guess it won't be bad to re-explain how I got rid of this bug here, once again: First I'd have to note, that I had the same exact bug, DirectX 11 ((still) not .1), updated drivers and PC capable running Ylands smoothly, but I had NO Windows Updates, as it was a fresh install of Win7.
I tested my graphics card in another PC, and it lagged hard, but rendered correctly, so I assumed the bug lied within Windows Updates, and I was Correct. But a fresh install of Win7 comes with Automatic Updates, that will search for updates for ever and will never find any. Automatic Updates on fresh install are simply broken. But there's a fix to it:   To get your Automated Updates working you'll need to disable your Automatic Updates and manually download and install 2 updates (links to Microsoft knowledgebase, you will find download links there): First: KB3020369 and then: KB3161608 Those two will make Automatic Updates work properly, but will NOT fix Ylands. (link to third party website) Please do note, that they are seamingly absolutely not related to Automatic Updates, since they are patched versions of older updates fixing other things. If I remember correctly, the issue lied within a single broken .dll file, which gets replaced with the second(?) update. And the second one needed the first update to be applied correctly or something? You can read it from the link above, though the text is pretty complicated.
Ylands was FIXED by one (or more?) of the 144 IMPORTANT updates that Automatic Updates offered me to install the following day. (Sadly, I didn't install them in smaller groups, the only one I Skipped of 145 available was "Malicious software removal tool") Also during that following day, I activated my copy of Windows. (but I don't believe it could have affected solving the problem)
  Then I tested Ylands and voila, it ran perfectly.   If anyone needs any help with fixing your automatic updates, please send me a personal message, I'd gladly help.
(Also I'd like to note that there are several other reasons to update your PC, not just Ylands.)
    • Upvote