Sign in to follow this  
Baz Foobar

Greetings and Invitation to Private Dedicated No-grief Server

Hey all, been here for a bit but never posted an intro post.

I've been a fan of these open world sandbox construction type games for a while and ran into Ylands about a month ago. I saw a lot of potential and decided to buy a copy and start a dedicated server as well.  My first iteration went well but there'd always be some clown who would come on and ruin everyone's fun, exploiting bugs or just being a general asshat to grief people.  I decided to start over with a private server and so far there's a handful of us on it and it's doing well.  I've also since added regular backups that we can restore from in the event someone or something causes irreparable damage to the world.

In any case, I'd like to open it up to some others who also want to play on this type of server.  Here are some details:

• 24/7 Dedicated Physical Server with a Gigabit Ethernet connection to the Internet from the US East Coast
  • Backed up every 5 minutes at 2 day retention with daily milestones kept
  • 10 Ylands to explore
  • Plenty of replenished starting resources and crafting stations on starting yland
  • Dedicated Discord Server for General Chat, Announcements, and Issue Reporting - optional use, and voice is not required
  • If we need to regenerate the world, I'll do my best to save and restore any compositions.
  • No griefing - PVP is just not mature enough at this phase of development.  If you guys want to play around and PVP with consent, that's fine, but get permission from all involved first.
  • No exploiting - If you discover an exploit, report it to Bohemia.  Don't use it to make everyone else's time miserable.
  • I use a Creator's Cube to maintain starting resources, terraform the starting yland, and help address issues.  I will not use it to give anyone an unfair advantage.

If the above sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, shoot me a message and I'll get you the server info/password.

Thanks!