Sign in to follow this  
Achilles77

Suggestions and thoughts from a long time player

So being a player for quite a while, way before it was even released or announced on steam for that matter, I was playing Ylands.

I was so intrigued with the game so much that i bought 3 extra copies just for my friends and I to be able to play together. The excitement of building and gathering just to be able to move to a next island gave us purpose to keep playing, alot of fun was had, ships and boats were built, then after a few short months we just all sort of stopped playing.  Why?

Well a few things come to mind, but mainly one of the core issues with us was that every island although looking a bit different, was more of the same, resources were the same, what you could build was the same, just nothing really new and we thought to ourselves, man this game has soo much potential, I wont talk about the bugs and the connection issues, i just want to talk about the core gameplay.

1. Islands should all be different, but necessary, having different materials so you can advance to the next one 

2. Have raiding.. military bases comes to mind, raid it, get the gear, get the cool items! in fact, have a raid that requires you to attain a certain material, that you need to advance, so you can build that helicopter or a rifle.. 

3. I've been playing Pixark for the past few months, and while its a fun game, it got stale quickly because a lack of purpose.. after taming and building there's nothing really left to do, i dont want Ylands to go down this road, I believe there will be quests? but make them mean something, not just go collect that, or kill this.

4. Space race? what if we could build up and travel to space and find new planets to explore and build on, with all new techs and armors.. 

These are just a few of the things I thought of, I see so much potential in this game, just don't want to see it go to waste, and reading a few of the steam reviews, things are not looking very good. I can see the devs are passionate about this, so here's to hoping we get the full potential from this awesome game.

I think the islands are different enough. There are different resources in different biomes. I don't see a reason to need different materials before advancing to the next island. They're randomly generated...there is no assumed 'next' island. 

I don't want raiding in a sandbox game. Do I think perhaps there should be more incentive to entering caves and finding something in the depths? Sure, maybe. 

There's a limit to the number of islands as it is. Adding space adds layers and layers of new issues that I think are far beyond the scope of the game.