Zyrille

FPS aggressively dropping on full screen?

Question

Hi, I was wondering if anyone's ever had the same issues or something similar. I started playing Ylands a few months back and have decided to redownload it and play again. However, I noticed that I have been getting massive fps drops during playing from 60 and suddenly dropping to 20-30s, it's still playable but it's not as smooth as I would like it to be. Definitely not the best when you're being chased by wolves. I tried playing around with my settings and see what could help and even turning the graphics on low did not help my case. However, on window mode, I noticed the FPS rate was more stable. Generally, this is a non issue on other games but I do quite like playing ylands on full screen. I get distracted by everything else if not.

I had no problems before while I was using my ASUS ROG G75JT with the following specs:

Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ 

DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM, 16 GB

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX970M with 3GB GDDR5

I'm currently using my Razerblade Stealth + Razercore V2 (MSI GTX 1080 GPU) with the following specs:

Intel Core i7 7500U

LDDR3-1 1866 MHz, 16GB

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1080 with 8GB GDDR5X

I haven't tested it yet with my old laptop because it's on for repairs. But I'd like to know if anyone could possibly help me fix the fps issue and still remain on full screen.

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

where did you play at that time? I mean is it Singleplayer or Dedicated Server (Official/Custom)?