Sign in to follow this  
WijkagentAdrie

Polar biome

Question

Heya!

I've got some suggestions for the game, mainly revolving around the polar biome but also about weather/climate in general:

In general, there isn't much reason to go to the polar regions, let alone try to live there. I've tried but I constantly had to import stuff from other islands.

At the moment, there are no ores/resources at all, but a few polar bears and tons of penguins. It would be nice if there was some kind of "reward" of going there, for example vast amounts of ores in the ground. Now there's only dirt and snow.

Plants grow anywhere, regardless of light, water or temperature. I would like to see this changed. For realism, I've put plants in pots in a cave with heaters and lights next to them, powered by wind turbines. It would be nice to make this necessary, and have plants grow based on the surrounding temperature. Also having a way to water plants would be a nice addition, to make it possible to grow plants in deserts?

There's currently no way to see the in game temperature but I've got the feeling that the heaters don't do very much at all, both the small and large heater. Having fires is more efficient, which defeats the purpose of the heaters. Plus I don't want to have massive bonfires in my house all the time :D  I've tested the heaters/fires outdoors (maybe heaters work different indoors?) with different sets of clothes. Their range is ultra limited.

When these things change, this biome could be a nice endgame place or a more hardcore way of life (with the added reward of finding lots of resources/ores). This could lead to more trade and cooperation on multiplayer servers as players have to rely on items from other regions for survival :) 

Adrie

• Upvote 3

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion