Sign in to follow this  
Destinus

Losing track of birds

Hi,

I've been sailing for 30 minutes now, and no islands in the horizon. In the beginning I followed the birds, but then they disappeared. I've been sailing for so long and still no island. I've spent a lot of time making this ship, but what's the point if you're going nowhere ? Does anyone know what to do to find an island or birds ?

Thank you to anyone willing to help.

The birds follow direct lines from ysland to ysland. It is possible you saw a bird flying half way between 2 islands and sailed right between them. Try to follow the birds and find out which direction they are going. If you sail more than 10 min in open water without any sign of birds or ylands you are probably not going to find anything. turn around and sail in a different direction. 

For best results look for birds on the shore of your island or from top of a mountain. If you dont see any there, try to sail around your yland away from shore and look for birds. There should be at least one coming and going from your yland to another one. follow it and you should find new lands. 

I have only a small boat but have found 2 different ylands using this method not far from my original spawn point. My second hop I found a desert yland that had a small patch of sulfur (the item I was looking for) on the surface.