Sign in to follow this  
WijkagentAdrie

RESOLVED Cars despawn on server [critical]

Question

Hello,

This happened twice now on the same server my friend is hosting (non dedicated) where I'm playing as a client. I've placed a car chassis the first time, but couldn't place any driving seats on it. I decided to relog, only to find the chassis has disappeared completely. My friend was on the other side of the island, came to have a look but couldn't find it either. All my materials were used up.

So I tried it again, made another chassis, placed some seats, an engine and made part of a car body. Drove it around for a while and used it, then we both logged off. I wasn't using the car when I logged off. After logging in today, my new car has disappeared again.

I can give you my logs for now, I'm awaiting my friend sending the map and his logs. I hope you can recover my car. :(

Adrie

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

I've spawned in a new one via the editor, and as soon as both my friend and I left the vicinity of the car and came back, it despawned :( 

edit: This one was actually parked on our harbour. We've found it to be under the stone blocks on the sea floor. I already expected the other cars to have glitched through the world, but in the editor I couldn't find them. I went miles deep to search for them. What I did find at massive depths was loads of animals, especially normal animals you'd normally only see on land, not in caves. This was miles below normal cave systems, not in any cave, just clipped into the ground.

edit 2: aaaaaand it's gone. For a brief moment it stayed ingame, on it's harbour platform but when returning to it after a while it's now gone as well.

Edited by WijkagentAdrie