cwa-a6c434c3bef73a20

I am not able to download any content from the workshop

Hi fellow ylanders

I am not sure if i miss something but i cannot find any possibility to download content from the workshops. I was able to upload compositions but when it comes to download, i fail. I've searched a bit in the forums and the only advice i found was about connection the bohemia account with my steam account which should be the case already. Hope someone can help me with this. If you need any more information/screenshots, please let me know.

Greetings from switzerland

Hello,  are you sure follow all this steps below?

4 hours ago, Velocifer said:

Hey, here you go the step to get ship/any composition from workshop

1. Subscribe to ship you want to download in workshop

2. Open Editor from main menu, then inside the Editor, open your savegame through top menus: File > Open > Games

3. When you already in your savegame then on the right side of your screen there is composition tab, click on it, wait little bit for your subscribed ship to be downloaded

4. Click that ship name, then  place it above water.

5. Save the Editor, Back to Main Menu, then Continue your savegame. Your Explore Mode savegame shouldn't have  any logo on it

Walla your subscribed ship will be there. ;) feel free to ask any question.

For Games, you don't need to use Editor.  Just go to New Game, wait little bit in there, your subscribed games will show up and start downloading.

Edited by Velocifer
  • Like 1

Stupid me, i was searching for a download on the website. Of course i already have them in my compositions. Thanks for pointing me there :)

Which leads me to another question. Since i uploaded my ship, the grid got messed up. I can place new objects but i cannot move any object. They kind of get a (slightly displaced) new grid. They are also rotated around 45 degrees but also only if i click an existing object. Placing new ones seems to be ok.

I also noticed this problem with other ships i got from the workshop.

Is this a known problem or am i able to reset the grid for a ship somehow? My House seems to be still ok tough...

Thanks again already

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cwa-a6c434c3bef73a20 said:

Since i uploaded my ship, the grid got messed up. I can place new objects but i cannot move any object. They kind of get a (slightly displaced) new grid. They are also rotated around 45 degrees but also only if i click an existing object. Placing new ones seems to be ok.

I also noticed this problem with other ships i got from the workshop.

Is this a known problem or am i able to reset the grid for a ship somehow?

You're welcome, yeah I encountered same problem aswell with composition objects. Until now I still dont know easy workaround to reset the grid when moving already placed composition objects. Maybe someone or @Ane know workaround for this problem?

To solve this problem I use hold V to enter free placement which is hard to work with..

Edited by Velocifer

Well i was afraid to hear i have to fix it by hand :-)

I will try and hope i am successful, as a feature request, i would like to have an option "realign object to grid" but i guess there are already tons of bugs/feature requests regarding grids with ships and this one might be already placed as well.

Thank  you very much for all the information and have a nice start into the week

Thought i am a smart ass, splitting hull and structure and save the structure as new composition, place a new hull and then the new composition on it again. Selecting all parts except the hull was real pain in the butt and then placing it on a new hull is nearly impossible as it turns out :-) 

Seems to be a bad try and i just failed, to sad, i think i have to start over in order to complete my ship :-(

splitting-hull-structure.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cwa-a6c434c3bef73a20 said:

Seems to be a bad try and i just failed, to sad, i think i have to start over in order to complete my ship

Thats the fun of early access game :D

FYI currently composition objects won't attach to the ship while ship is moving. That's the real pain of building a ship. 

Glad my next project is 80% done by placing and rearrange block by block.

Edited by Velocifer

25 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

FYI currently composition objects won't attach to the ship while ship is moving. That's the real pain of building a ship. 

Good to know, so my idea was pretty much useless anyways :D

Not sure yet if i start new or if i wait until this ship grid problems are resolved, maybe i just build my house a bit further 

Thanks and have a nice day