Sign in to follow this  
Mesh333

How long will my Ylands saves be playable?

Hi Ylanders!

First of all I would like to thank and congratulate the YlandsTeam for creating such a lovely little game, I'm really enjoying my exploration of Ylands. As this is the first Alpha/early access game I have played, I have a few questions:

How long will my Ylands be playable (my saved games) before they become deprecated by game developments?

Is there any prior warning of when a Yland (created with a certain version) is likely to become unloadable/unplayable?

Or Should I be starting a new Yland adventure as each update is released? (Understanding and accepting I have signed up for Alpha releases).

Many thanks,

Mesh333

• Upvote 1

Hello and welcome to Ylands! 

Thank you for your nice words! It's an honour to be your first Early Access game :P

It shouldn't really happen that your save game becomes unavailable, we don't reset the saves with every update or anything like that.

It can nevertheless happen that due to some bug the save gets corrupted for some reason, but in those cases we always try to fix the issue and make the save playable again.

In case we would have to reset the save games for some reason (it's something we want to avoid at all costs) we would let players know in advance.

I hope this answered your questions. If you have any other doubt, feel free to let us know in our small little forum! :)

• Upvote 2

Thanks Ane,

It is comforting to know that only my time and imagination is stopping my Yland constructions from growing!

I also look forward to watching 'your little forum' grow and grow... as I'm sure it will!

• Upvote 1