no.way

Some suggestions on survival

Question

Hi, 

I have to say I just love this game. I am more interested in the explore/survive angle and not so much about the building part. I have some suggestions about the former, I hope you will find them somewhat useful.

* I would love to be able to dry grass on the drying rack to get some hay.
* I would love to be able to craft musical instruments. Drums, flutes, a gong, a guitar or a violin would be fabulous.
* I would love to be able to craft a copper cauldron for cooking and for brewing potions, tea and alcohol :)
* I would love to be able to craft a spyglass and a compass, but I think this was mentioned before.
* I would love to be able to attach a simple rope to a tree or rock and use it for climbing.
* I would love to be rewarded for a varied diet. A quarter of a new health heart for each type of food i ate last day?
* I would love to be rewarded for sleeping in a proper room, with roofs and all.
* I would love to be able to see the crafting ingredients for every item I have in the inventory, especially for the ones i just found.
* I would love to be able to click on a missing ingredient and jump to its crafting recipe to see what i need to craft that. 
* I think it would be better for the crafting UI tab to actually hide items that require a workshop. Reduces the already unwieldy amount of items.
* I would love to have a 90 degrees "vertical rotate" button on placing blocks. 'F' is great, but 'H' is cumbersome to rotate a log upwards for a fence for example.
* I would love to have the workshops work slower, with the option to accelerate one by acting on it with the proper tool. It would feel more "real", also a chance to create some beautiful animations for these basic tasks :)
* I would love to have the blacksmith workshop model changed, or the chisel allowed to be crafted without a blacksmith. It looks like stone blocks, but I cannot make stone blocks without a chisel, and I can't make a chisel without the blacksmith workshop. So how did I build it in the first place?

Regards, way

• Upvote 3

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Heya! 

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game! Thanks a lot for your feedback, we just had a meeting where we went over your suggestions! 

* I would love to be able to craft musical instruments. Drums, flutes, a gong, a guitar or a violin would be fabulous.

We would love to have these too! There's no ETA for this though.

* I would love to be able to craft a spyglass and a compass, but I think this was mentioned before.

Compass is definitely coming our way!

* I would love to be able to attach a simple rope to a tree or rock and use it for climbing.

Climbing is something we definitely want to have in the game at some point.

* I would love to be able to see the crafting ingredients for every item I have in the inventory, especially for the ones i just found.
* I would love to be able to click on a missing ingredient and jump to its crafting recipe to see what i need to craft that. 

Very good points! These are planned to be in the game in the following months.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2017 at 10:34 PM, no.way said:

* I would love to have a 90 degrees "vertical rotate" button on placing blocks. 'F' is great, but 'H' is cumbersome to rotate a log upwards for a fence for example.

Have you tried J, K, L keys when you are placing building blocks?

• Upvote 2

Oh, no, I haven't. I was not aware of those. Nice, thank you.