T-27

Ship Stuck

I built a ship, sailed it in a big loop.  Now i seem to be hitting a imaginary wall.  There is several feet of water in between the ocean floor and the bottom of the ship, no visible obstacles in the ships way.  Tried, moving forward, backwards, turning left, right.  I'm even starting to dig below the ship to see if that's the issue.

Anyway to unstick the ship?

I have experienced it too.

I think it's related to wind direction, altough in my experience the wind should have pushed the ship even for just a little bit, but i guess it wilhl be fixed in upcoming updates. 

Also its funny that when the wind turns to unfavorable direction the ship almost breaks to full stop like a car. 

And then youll have to wait until the wind turns again or just reload your save to get it reset ;)

Also, once i dug my ship free and it didn't need any more space than the actual model not touching any ground.

Edited by h2stipandav

I had a ship do something strange as well, it was only just crafted, placed in to the water etc. I tried to set sail and thought I must have beached it somehow while placing the mast on it, so made tools to go dig it out, only to find that one of the ships two ladders (one on either side when created), had dropped down about 6-8 foot in to the water, was still attached to the boat, and was acting as a second anchor, though I couldn't see it till I swam right under my ship to investigate. Hacking it off with an axe solved the problem for me! I kinda doubt you guys are having the same exact issue, as it seemed pretty random! But may be worth a swim under your ship to investigate.

Edited by hermetics

This ladder behaviour seems to happen with other objects as well like chests. Maybe other free place items as well. It's easiest to just check if you're missing some items aboard.

Thank you so much!

I completely forgot i accidentally removed the ladder, then attempted to replace it. After i removed it, i was able to sail just fine.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Would have probably rage quit since i loaded my ship with everything i owned and made ever piece of crafting equipment and stuck it on board.

Also, if the developers are reading, i also misplaced a ladder in the dirt, underwater, and i attempted to climb on it, it took me underneath the world and i couldn't get back up.  Died, lost all my stuff. below ground, which i couldn't get it back.

• Upvote 1