Sign in to follow this  
Mistrane

some suggestions

Question

Hello,

Just like that, the game is TOP, with beauty beauty fuuull graphics

The system of energy is so... cool !!, what i like so, you can hide the stream, and make something usefull and beautifull in the same time !

Building is reach, cool simple and with so much details, it's just... incredible, the power to "place" objects, and on the boats...

maybe more my impressions and ideas, with my enthusiasm impossible to stay mute, haha, i don't know if maybe somebody else had the same ideas, but i give you as it comes in my hand :)

these ideas especially for survival gaming :

- Maybe more minerals deposits and for example you can mine that in the ground not only in the surface, but maybe that is the case and i didn't find...

- Farming or spawning animals, cows ? with milk ? sheeps ? but maybe it's not in the plan

- Maybe bigger world, infinite, or only very distants Ylands, maybe secret Ylands, and "treasure maps" to give some directions, with kind of... quests, boss, or something like that

A kind of target very hard should be the "cherry on the cake" touch i thing

- The possibility to take water with a bucket or something like that, and build with (swimming pool) ? The mechanic of water seems to be already so cool too !

- maybe PNJ ? you can interact with ? followers ? (maybe i'm dreaming)

- possibility to attach boats (the little with the big for example) should be convenient, and the animals like horses with ropes ?

See you soon, and if maybe somebody have server to welcome me, should be thankfull, i'm new (only 2 months)

By, thks, and Long live Ylands !! So many possibilities with the engine ! friendly yours

• Upvote 3

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Thanks for your feedback! We'll surely bring these topics up in our next meetings :)

• Upvote 1

Hello, thanks for your answer, it's a real pleasure !

I have progressed a lot in my game and at now i think i have others suggestions/ideas of a passionate gamer !

- a détail, but when you have to choose a bloc for building, you can't see the difference between the little and the big one, the cross log for example

- animated movings when you climb on a ladder, will be better i think

- on the map, i think too it will be better if you had more details : a cross wish show you your position, and the best should be you can take it put it in your inventory, and you could see it on a little window in the corner, and more different zoom when the map will be bigger i hope !

- when you will put ressources underground (i hope it so :) ) maybe a kind of scanner wish can allow you to see it on your map or maybe on a simple 3D map ?

But it's absolutely not a priority

- i was talked about water, i like the mechanic, maybe it's possible to not to decrease the level of water for example if you are digging a river from ocean ?

- just one question : you have suppressed the drying rack, i have though it should be interesting you could dry grass with ? because i don't know what to do with all the grass i have instead of rope and it's difficult to craft dry grass (or i didn't find the way to ?)

- i think it takes too much sand to do glass, and windows, but i'm not sure of that suggestion

- last but not least, should be great if you can interact and change biomes, and especially the color of dirt, for example, if you take green dirt, when you dig with, it's only brown, you can't put the color you want so ?

My dream : infinite or next to, numbers of Ylands, a goal, quest, challenge, because in exploration mode i'm afraid that gamers loose interest, without multiplayer mode ? And maybe, different size of Ylands, lot of very little ones, and maybe one or two so big ones like a continent ? And distants, and like an other gamer was talking about, telescope, to solve a problem you can decrease maybe the range of calculation (growing plants, etc.) but not right now, just an idea.

Maybe see you in a next post ? I'm so excited to see the following ! I'm playing everyday !

truly, and friendly yours.

• Upvote 1

Excuse me but a last maybe "bug" when i was trying to craft a certain "table" in the foundry, a table with iron whish looks like a desk, i couldn't interact with the foundry, and after a save, and come again, the foundry has disappeared.

Sorry :) Have a good evening, and see you soon

Hello team !

Just to thank you, in your changelog 21/06/2017 i have noticed you've solved the problem of the crafting of the iron table in the foundry, thanks :)

friendly yours.

• Upvote 1

Hello team !

I give you others suggestions, that are coming from my head... hope it's interesting for you and the community :

- the gravity of the character maybe not enough strong, when you go down from stairs, you are flying on it : i hope you understand what i mean... don't know how to explain exactly, and when on a mountain, you can't go down slowly, it's risky, even you go slow, it's near the same effect.

- In caves, there are roots on the ceiling, you can't interact with, and i think you can't destroy that too.

- it should be great if animals attack each others ? wolf and bores for example ?

- Too if animals could have damages, when falling, under water, and if they avoid to go under water.

- Maybe different weather (rain, snow) etc. But i'm sure you though about :)

- A little detail : it should be interesting if ice blocs should melt with temperature ?

- i have found the name of the the hat wish is not in the square, in crafting list : "pharaoh crown"

- should be awesome if planting, or other actions could change the biome, and maybe the color of dirt (for example, you plant tree and then : tree biome :) and too if you plant the wrong tree in the wrong biome, and the temperature is not good : banana tree with temperature under 15°C during maybe 5 hours the tree could die ?

- maybe if there were a degradation of shoes when using for example, like tools 

- maybe with the propeller the exploration game begin a little easy, especially with the current size of the world, should be interesting, if you should have to charge it, in a charging station ? You don't have envy to use boats for traveling after using this accessory, only for good looking maybe.

Don't hesitate to give me your point of view, and if it's interesting i continue to give you some ideas like that.

Friendly yours, Mistrane. 

Edited by Mistrane
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

I'm very happy to read the article about our feedbacks, il finish with the end of mines :

- it should be good to have a tool to break hard things we have built (bricks for example), if you do a mistake, it takes a long time before you can break only one

- it could be interesting if you could push animals when you are near

- maybe if dirt or sand couldn't be automatically stackable should be better

- when you want to destroy item, if you could destroy an entier stack ? instead of one by one ?

- more stone than dirt under the ground should be more realistic, and minerals too (not only on the surface)

Thanks a lot, and i'm with you for the following, i'm sure the game will begin a best seller !

See you :)

• Upvote 1

Hello dear team,

I'm coming back for the steam versus after 3 month without playing... I'm so happy to open the game and see the beautiful colors of ylands !

Great new changelog with cars ! I'm trying to get the necessary to make my first car in my solo game ;) and the weather with thunder-storms so so great !

you've done a real great work ! I love that game !

I would like just to summarize my différents past suggestions i gave you in that topic and give you the 6 ones i think are very importants with the benefit of hindsight, but maybe some of them were taken in account ? I don't know :

Structure of the maps :

- I have the same dream of an infinite or very big world with lot of différents Ylands (sizes and distances between) for more exploration, very very important i think, especialy in solo but in multiplayer too, but maybe it's complicated ?

- more stone than dirt under surface, and minerals not only on the surface

Terra forming world's mechanic:

Two points that are not reversible and could impact the beauty of your map :

- when you dig a green dirt, it becomes brown, and if you put brown dirt, doesn't become green, it's not beautiful should be great if you could change the color, don't know how ? With the time and depending of the biome (should be the simple way maybe) ?

- in exploration mode : you can't manage the water : should be great to take water with pump, bucket and make a swiming pool, i like the mechanic of water, but should be great if water in the ocean or great volumes should be infinite (regeneration when you take water) because if you dig on the shore, the level of water go down, sometimes it's a problem and it's not reversible, the water is always a delicate topic i know...

Other :

- farming, spawning, taming, and give orders to the animals : don't move, protect, attack etc. And with a largest world more varieties : sheeps, cow with milk etc.

- Animation when you climb a ladder ;)

I will be so so happy if you could read my note, thanks soooo much for all ;) Ylands Ylands Ylands !!

I would deff life to see more farm style animals like cows, chickens, pigs, sheep, goats, and whatever. That would allow people to create an entire village on an island.