Sign in to follow this  
WijkagentAdrie

Friday night event! -

Hello guys!

Because the server software isn't 100% stable/reliable it's not really rewarding to play Explore on my server at the minute with you guys. Instead I have decided to make a few minigames we can play together to have some fun in Ylands and do some more testing ofcourse! :) The first event will be a little boat race:

EVENT TIME: FRIDAY EVENING, TBA, EXPECT ANYWHERE BETWEEN 19:00 AND 00:00 GMT

Aye sailors! Captain Adrie here! Many years ago, a pirate by the name of Mad Jack has stolen my Sea Urchin Trophy! I've been trying to get it back from him but he always managed to escape me. I recently heard from a fellow sailor that Jack has run out of luck and is taking a deeper look at the bottom of the ocean ;) My trophy is in a chest at his old tower, yet he took the key with him to the bottom. 

That's where you young sailors come in! Sail to his shipwreck, make a quick dive, get the key, sail back and open the chest for me. Also, my friend told me something about a curse but it can't be all that bad eh? Now why would you do this for me? I've heard Mad Jack was a very fortunate man after stealing and plundering for so many years! I'm only after my trophy, the rest is yours to keep ;) 

Ylands_170620_223539.thumb.png.159a61b91e4811cb144383e7c5b0dbc9.png

I've supplied a few boats, all numbered from 1 to 10. Be sure to pick your lucky number, you are gonna need it!

Ylands_170620_223555.thumb.png.de8dc1a102a7e8fa125660a210a171ec.png

Ah, his old tower with the chest. My trophy must be in there!

Ylands_170620_223621.thumb.png.eeae838ae690b71eb203b93d2330b8ac.png

I'm sure experienced sailors like you will find the way! Now be quick and get me what belongs to me, your reward shall be great!

Some practical info:

1) All players should grab a boat and move to the starting line.

2) When I shoot my pistol, the bars will disappear and the race has started!

3) Navigate yourself to the shipwreck, it's marked by an arrow sign.

4) Jump off your boat, dive into the water, grab a key and get back to your boat! Not someone elses boat ofcourse!

5) Sail back to the island, beach your boat on the tiny island

6) First player to unlock the chest wins!

After we have a winner I will restart the server and we can do it again :) If this concept works I will create more races, maybe different themes or just boat racing in general. Because the server usually lasts at least 30 minutes before crashing we should have no problem and a lot of fun!

I might make at least one other minigame we can play to vary a bit, but that will probably be PVP. I'm working on some sort of CTF game, keep your eyes on this thread! :) 

Adrie

• Upvote 1

Hey guys! Unfortunately I have to postpone the event, as the gamemode I have made won't show up in the serverbrowser at all unfortunately :( 

Adrie