mid endian

Suggestion: Plants seeding around themselves

Question

My idea is this. Plants and trees often drops seeds that sprouts and create new plants nearby. This allows nature to do something that we're required to do for foliage and trees to expand around themselves. I'd love to see this type of addition into the game.

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

I think your idea would be nice for future version when Ylands is optimized enough, for now it could cause performance and some other issues.

In my opinion, some other issues mentioned is like we don't want plants to grow at some places but it does spread because of 'spread-itself' feature, example plants that spread and grow on dirt below our house/platform/road that we made, Clipping through eachother plants, and Balance issues for multiplayer game like plants only spread on specific area because some players already wipe out that certain plants. Some of this issue happened in old LiF, and other 'simulation games', which is quite frustrating.

Note: plants in my post also means as trees, and all of this is just my personal opinion and experience. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.. ;)