rinart73

Constant lags and fps drops

ASUS x556u: 4Gb DDR4 RAM, Intel i5-6200U, Nvidia GeForce 930MX, 5Mb/sec internet connection. Windows 10. All drivers are fine, I had only game and steam opened.

Bought game yesterday. My friend hosted a private server (Intel Core i5--3470; 8 Gb RAM; Nvidia with 1Gb; internet speed at least twice as mine).

I experience constant jumps to a few steps back. Also, when I'm trying to pick up something I get a major fps drop. My friend plays just fine.

I lowered everything to minimum, tried to enable/disable vsync. We tried to switch to the official server. Even worse, every two steps - fps drop.

Please help. My friend recommended this game as really nice survival, that will be fun to play as a team. But I can't even start gathering resources because of this.

hmmh, strange.. Where do you come from? and which official server you tried to join?

Firstly " 4Gb DDR4 RAM, Intel i5-6200U, Nvidia GeForce 930MX "  spells laptop, this will be 50% of your problem right there

Since you have Nvidia, try turning down settings in the control panel globally, some settings can be made there, that is not present in the game, such as AA

See if you swap out the 4GB for 8GB, this will help alot with fps and better responsiveness, this game loves ram.

Make sure you are only running ylands, steam, and voice comms if you use it, nothing else.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Energritz_ said:

4Gb DDR4 RAM

oh God, I just realized that part.. RAM under minimum requirement in early access is nightmare. :o

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Velocifer said:

oh God, I just realized that part.. RAM under minimum requirement in early access is nightmare. :o

If 4Gb is BELOW minimal requirement, I guess devs should update game info on Steam:

4Akyg09fyqaNOm.png

54 minutes ago, rinart73 said:

If 4Gb is BELOW minimal requirement, I guess devs should update game info on Steam:

lol, I'm sorry. That *under* word seems wrong to you, the thing is not all 4GB RAM works same. So better be above the minimum requirement. xD

And like @Energritz_ said, 4GB RAM of laptop will works lower performance than 4GB RAM of PC. There are lots of reason for that, one of them is power consumption.

Edited by Velocifer

1 hour ago, Velocifer said:

That *under*

Sorry, English is not my native language and I often make mistakes in such things. Capitalizing "below" word I just wanted to make an accent on the fact that steam game info says different things.

In any case, refunded the game right now. Better to wait till stable release or when I'll upgrade my PC.

2 minutes ago, rinart73 said:

In any case, refunded the game right now. Better to wait till stable release or when I'll upgrade my PC.

yes thats the best thing you can do right now, even better if you can upgrade the RAM. I mean by upgrade is buy another stick of 4GB DDR4 RAM (atleast). ;)