Sign in to follow this  
Elchupac

Help - I linked my Steam account to use workshop creations and now I start with a fresh character

A little help please. I made multiplayer game and started a fresh new world with a friend and got pretty developed - got ylandium, firearms, gear, etc. Next I tried to upload some creations from the workshop but I discovered that I did not link my account in order to use the workshop. Now that I did it I had to start a fresh character. My friends character just sits there as is offline but my old character is just standing there. Is my old pre-linking character considered as another player (3rd one) on the server? What should I do to get my gear - kill and loot that character? Also it seems that the ship I uploaded from the workshop is nowhere in the game even if I saved after using the editor? Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Elchupac

Kinda solved it myself. Found out that after you link your account all previous characters are treated like they belong to a different account,  and I don't think there is any way to ever get them back (since you can't un-link your account). Had to go into the editor and copy all the gear from my old to my new character and then delete the old one. By doing this I learned how to use the editor. Solid work here devs. Long live this game!

11 hours ago, Elchupac said:

A little help please. I made multiplayer game and started a fresh new world with a friend and got pretty developed - got ylandium, firearms, gear, etc. Next I tried to upload some creations from the workshop but I discovered that I did not link my account in order to use the workshop. Now that I did it I had to start a fresh character. My friends character just sits there as is offline but my old character is just standing there. Is my old pre-linking character considered as another player (3rd one) on the server? What should I do to get my gear - kill and loot that character? Also it seems that the ship I uploaded from the workshop is nowhere in the game even if I saved after using the editor? Am I doing something wrong?

If you look at this thread, devs might be able to assist you!