Sign in to follow this  
iwon8

Can't access any items anymore

Question

All items in the world (as in tanning rack, chests, whatever) I can't interact with anymore. My friend was loading into the game (in a multiplayer world), got to 100% and the loading stopped, he couldn't load in. Then all chests etc. were bugged, I can only see all screens opening when hitting exit to main menu. 

The animations on everything still work but I can't seem to actually access it.

I saw that everything loads when I hit exit to main menu, as soon as I click that all screens of the chests, map and stove(s) pop up.

Video to see what's happening: 

He's off for dinner now and I'd like to keep playing this map since we've dedicated a couple hours on it

EDIT: Gave savegame file to friend and let him set up the server, fixed it for me and him! But this is pretty annoying if this has to be done multiple times.

Edited by iwon8

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

5 hours ago, iwon8 said:

All items in the world (as in tanning rack, chests, whatever) I can't interact with anymore. My friend was loading into the game (in a multiplayer world), got to 100% and the loading stopped, he couldn't load in. Then all chests etc. were bugged, I can only see all screens opening when hitting exit to main menu. 

The animations on everything still work but I can't seem to actually access it.

I saw that everything loads when I hit exit to main menu, as soon as I click that all screens of the chests, map and stove(s) pop up.

Video to see what's happening: 

He's off for dinner now and I'd like to keep playing this map since we've dedicated a couple hours on it

EDIT: Gave savegame file to friend and let him set up the server, fixed it for me and him! But this is pretty annoying if this has to be done multiple times.

Hi there, I think @Shadow72 found a fix for this, as it seems like the same bug as in this post - 

though there are a few steps, they might be worth it if you have a built up save game!

On 19/07/2017 at 0:23 AM, Shadow72 said:

For anyone interested I found a fix.

1. Create a backup of your savegame(You can find it in Doucuments/Ylands/SaveGames)
  2. Write down everything you have in your inventory and how much of it you have.
  3. Open Ylands Editor
  4. Click File>Open then click the games button. Select the save game and then click open.
  5. Find your character in the editor and delete him(He will be wherever you logged out at).
  6. Click File>SaveAs and then name it whatever you want(When you click save the box will still be open, just press cancel).
  7. Click File>Quit To Menu. You will now have 2 save games that are named the same, when opening them one will bring you to the editor and the other will bring you to a character creation menu, you want the one that brings you to the character creation menu. Create a new character and load into the game(You can delete the savegame that brings you to the editor).
  8. Give yourself all of the items you had in your inventory with the /additem command.

Good luck! I think this bug is likely to be fixed for the next updates anyway.

Edited by John - Ylanders