Maracuja P1

Griefers/Hacker/trolls Thread

Question

Not sure if it has been suggested yet but can we as a community have a place on forums where we can paste the ID numbers of people we find hacking griefing on servers etc??

maybe have it so when you look at online players you can copy and paste or have an option to report as a griefer hacker etc???

in addition, what does happen to the bodies of people you ban from your server, do they just remain or get deleted?? if they remain can we have it so that we can teleport to thir position and the ability to remove them rather than going through the editor?

Edited by Maracuja537

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

i am not sure about this   but  i think you can ban them from a server by their  BI account No. ...but that doesn't  stop them from then going to another server. However, it  does mean that when they run out of  servers  they can access,  their  only  action to get back in would be to get another  BI account  no .   and that means  buying  the game again.

Again there's  private password  only  servers..  and  these  people will try and  bluff their  way in ....  but passwords can be changed.

Another problem about  publishing  players ID  numbers , is that the  innocent  can  be accidentally become  banned. Some griefers  might  put out  false  information to settle personal  vendettas..

So i think its best for  each  server admin to  ban on each individual case ,   and leave it at that.  

I know from experience  in another  virtual world  game  where a  griefer  came in,  and  after a  few attempts  at  disruption,  found the   game  enjoyable ...and ended up as one of the best  content  creators for that game!:D

Running  around with  pitchforks and torches   calling  for  witches to be  burned  could  have  adverse  affects... :P

But   after a while,  these griefers  will get so many  bans  on the  servers here  they will move on...  It  just requires the  server  admins to be  vigilant, and the  make it  known  that when you log  into a MP server, behave, follow the rules  or get  kicked out .....permanently!B|

Edited by kimbuck
tried to make it more intelligent sounding
  • Upvote 2

Yes agreed it needs looking at, as at the moment we are chasing around islands looking for issues, as I'm sure you are quite aware. At the moment they have no consequences just bounce server change name etc.

More admin tools need i think so we can get to areas of trouble faster and make an informed decision and act accordingly. Teleport for one and maybe inventory viewer so we can see if they are spawning items in the early game???  

we had a  team of them  try to hijack  boats on the spawn point, after they  killed all the  unarmed  offline  avatars. They kept  re-spawning  non  stop and it was hectic  ..so the  admin   put  mutant  bears on the boats and filled the water  around them with sharks...

Genuine  people  were  greeted, but the   griefers would  run to get on the boats and  break the locks ...  sharks  and  bears   got well fed!

• Haha 1