David Watson

Server crashes instantly upon load

Question

Hi,

I am trying to run a Ylands server using the latest server file V2.5 and the server instantly closes when it goes to boot it after installing.

This server i am trying to run is using a single player world that i have previously built in.

When running a fresh world it does boot and run but is very difficult to reboot once the server has been shut down.

The log file has been included.

Any ideas what is going on and how i can fix this issue?

Thanks

Dave

log_clean.txt

log.txt

old_1_log_clean.txt

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

1 hour ago, David Watson said:

Hi,

I am trying to run a Ylands server using the latest server file V2.5 and the server instantly closes when it goes to boot it after installing.

What is this 2.5? Ylands version is 0.8 and the server is the same.

I am wondering if you used a script by someone... if thats the case, better let them know.

anyway here is the error: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\ylands\SaveGames\ONYX-1.ylandsgame"

Simply put it's looking for the save file, but can't find the file or directory, double check to see if it's there, since it can't find it, it quits.

I realised something, if i create a new world and load into in (Server world), then close the server and find its location. I can then use the new world's name and drag my original world into that save server world folder, this when booted works.

Don't know why, but it did.

got some tree things but thanks either way